Alan Cumming Cut from X3

TMM

Alan Cumming has been told to walk out of the world of mutants, and will not be returning for the upcoming sequel.

Expected to reprise his role as Nightcrawler in X-Men 3, Cumming has been told he is not required for the Brett Ratner directed second sequel, according to his official site. "EX X MAN!! Alan will NOT be appearing in X3. Fox has not picked up his option to play Nightcrawler for a second movie", says the site.

Interestingly enough, a month ago Variety wrote that Cumming was one of the "X-Men 3 troops" that was set to return for the film.

Got it from InsidePulse.com, who got it from Cumming's website I believe.

But fucking hell, my hopes for this movie are dying with every announcement they make. It's getting ridiculous. Cumming was one of the best things about X2.

Thats horrible. THe movie still has Juggernaut though, and at least most of the cast is back, as for the director...well...lets just hope the script is good.

Early reports are that the script is horrible. It's a completely different writing team then X-Men and X2. There's supposedly a love story between Wolverine and Storm.

I'm seriously not looking foward to this film.

Early reports are that the script is horrible.  It's a completely different writing team then X-Men and X2.  There's supposedly a love story between Wolverine and Storm. 

I'm seriously not looking foward to this film.

See...idea's like this scare me. C'mon Stan Lee! Stomp your feet and yell some, maybe they'll listen. If Stan Lee or Avi Arad have any imput into the film, they must know fans won't like this. It's one thing to adapt the comic for film and for a new generation, but it's another thing to butcher the stories.

Apparently the whole Phoenix saga has been thrown out the window because one of the directors (god knows which one) said 'it was to complicated'. Fucker.

Thats horrible. THe movie still has Juggernaut though, and at least most of the cast is back, as for the director...well...lets just hope the script is good.

It may have Juggernaut, but according to IMDB he's being played by Vinne fucking Jones.

I remember when I walked out of X2 feeling as I just watched the best superhero film(until Spiderman 2) and was so pumped up for the sequal....who would of thought that I would be here today hoping that FOX delays the release date and wait until they have a potentially quality film. I fear for X3 is going to be a half-assed job. Don't ruin this FOX.

It's hilarious how Hollywood finally got its act together and stopped making shitfests like Batman & Robin and started putting together proper comic book movies like Spider-Man and X-Men. Now, five years after the release of X-Men, Hollywood saw how successful they were and started mass-producing them again and they're almost as ridiculous as they were before the revival. The only franchises I have hope for are Batman and Spider-Man as long as they keep their current directors and writers. Superman I'm optimistic for simply because Singer is at the helm, but the character is so bland to me that I'm not nearly as excited as I am for Batman and Spidey sequels.

It may have Juggernaut, but according to IMDB he's being played by Vinne fucking Jones.

Vinnie Jones is fucking great. Granted that's in East End gangster movies, so it'll be interesting to see his transition to comic book movies. He's no Laurence Olivier, but he's seriously fucking menancing and does the silent violent thing really well - and given that Juggernaut has never been the most articulate villian, it could work well.

Vinnie Jones can pull off British gangster, but there's no way he can pull off Juggernaut. He's intimidating in a legitimate hard man sense, not in a "just fucking huge sense". Maybe it's just that I saw how dwarfed he was by the Big Boss Man at Capital Carnage '98, but I don't think he's big enough to play Juggernaut, and I don't think any amount of prosthetics will make him able to pull it off.

I don't see why they didn't just cast a fucking huge guy, because image is really the only important issue with Juggernaut, they just need a big tank of a man who can shout "Where's my brother?!" and threaten to destroy things, it looks like they're going for name value, which really shouldn't matter.

Brock Lesnar. Now if he wouldn't make a good Juggernaut, I don't know who would.

Also, it's been said that Gambit will never have more than a small role, and I was hoping he'd be a central focus at some point down the line. And apparently Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is looking likely to play him...now I'm not overly familiar with him, but he doesn't look like Gambit.

Gambit is easily my favourite X-Man, and I'd hate to see him cast badly, and Rhys-Meyers looks like he'll really need to bulk up and rough himself up a bit to look remotely like Gambit, and then he'd need to pull off the accent and the swaggering charisma...I'm not going to rule that out, but I'm really cautious of this one.

That said, Kelsey Grammar as Beast? Fuck yeah.

Guest Majick

The thing is, there's so many characters in the X-universe that even if they do a whole new cast and a new storyline, so what?

They could do Days of Future Past, they could do the Phalanx, they could bring in the Brood... They could even have Bishop debut, or run a storyline similar to the recent Ultimate comics where Gambit appears and kidnaps Rogue.

As for Storm/Wolverine, well, Wolverine's got it on with half the Marvel women anyway, and they're sort-of together in the Ultimate comics. If the story's told well, that's all that matters. I've been reading the X-comics since 1995, and there's not many lines that can't be crossed.

As for the Phoenix saga, well, short of setting it in space with the Shi'Ar and the Starjammers, it'd be a very different storyline. It could be done but there'd still be a lot of whinging because of no Gladiator/Corsair/Lilandra/whatever. Plus I pretty much hated the whole damn storyline anyway, so I'm not exactly weeping over losing it... I'm not a fan of resurrection storylines, although I'll make an exception for Psylocke :D

I agree with Pepsi.

Clive Owen would make amazing Beast.

Check out the breeding and control in his voice in Croupier and Sin City.

Gotta love it.

My only problem with Clive Owen now is when I watch him, all I can think is his performance in Closer. He was just so damn raw and real in that movie, I don't know if I can watch him in anything else without thinking about him saying "Do you like his cock? Did you enjoy sucking him off? Do you enjoy him cumming on your face?"

Although hearing that coming from Beast would be wildly entertaining.

To the best of my knowledge, Vinnie Jones was gone the moment Matthew Vaughn walked. I don't think the role of Juggernaut has been recast as yet, so there hasn't been any official change on IMDB or elsewhere.

So far, this is looking like a big shit sandwich and all us comic nerds are going to be forced to take a bite. :puke: