If you had to watch films starring a certain actor

We had a discussion the other night, which, being a film fan, I started.

If you had to watch films starring a certain actor for 24 hours straight. Which actor would you choose?

My choice ended up being one of the following:

Marlon Brando

(Apocalypse Now, Godfather, On The Waterfront, Guys And Dolls, Streetcar Named Desire)

Al Pacino

(Scarface, Godfather & Godfather II, Insomnia, Any Given Sunday, Donnie Brasco, Heat...)

Dustin Hoffman

(Rain Man, Marathon Man, The Graduate, Papillon...)

Tom Cruise

(Last Samurai, Vanilla Sky, Colour Of Money, Born On The 4th Of July, Magnolia, Minority Report, Collateral...)

Ewan McGregor

(Trainspotting, Velvet Goldmine, Star Wars Trilogy, Big Fish, Moulin Rouge, Eye Of The Beholder...)

Jim Carrey

(Ace Ventura 1 & 2, Dumb And Dumber, Liar Liar, Eternal Sunshine, Truman Show, The Mask...)

James Stewart

(It's A Wonderful Life, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Rear Window, Mr Smith Goes To Hollywood...)

Also Gene Kelly for swashbucklers and Clint Eastwood for enjoyable spaghetti Westerns and machismo hard man acts...

Takeshi Kitano for all his Yakuza films + Zatoichi and Battle Royale.

Christian Bale if I could get enough (American Psycho, Machinist, Empire Of THe Sun, Batman...)

Jack Nicholson of course (Shining and Cuckoos Nest to Schmitt and Anger Management!)

Paul Newman (Cool Hand Luke, THe Hustler, The Stin...He just eats his way through films magnificently)

It's not just your favourite actor, it's films you think you could watch for that whole time too! I like DeNiro but I couldn't do 24 hours of DeNiro!

And yours would be?

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny Depp: Every character is unique, but retains that Depp charm that makes him such a great actor. So many roles that could have been bland have been changed just by his imprint.

Jim Carrey: Unlike Depp his character never changes much, but I'd have to say that's because he has perfected his goofy style and is so damn likeable, easilly I could watch Eternal Sunshine for 24 hours, let alone all his others.

I could say Milla Jovovich and Angelina Jolie, just for hotness, but I won't :P

Kevin Spacey, without a doubt.

The Usual Suspects (my all time favorite movie), American Beauty, Glengarry GlenRoss, K-PAX, LA Confidential, Se7en, Beyond the Sea, The Ref, hell even Iron Will just because Spacey is in it.

That's not quite 24 hours, I'm sure there's a few films I'm forgetting. Just don't make me watch Pay It Forward... dear God no.

Al Pacino.

John Wayne.

Spencer Tracy (Father of the Bride, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Mad Mad Mad Mad World, Boys Town).

Dustin Hoffman.

Tom Hanks.

John Belushi.

Steve McQueen.

And for a wildcard:

Leslie Nielsen (Airplane, the Naked Gun trilogy, Forbidden Planet).

It's strange, but I can't think of any ACTRESSES who could entertain me for 24 hours.

I included Actresses too:

Steve Buschemi

Micheal Madsen

Nicole Kidman :wub:

Tom Hanks

Morgan Freeman

Al Pacino

Dustin Hoffman

Robert Deniro

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Russel Crowe

Meryl Streep

Marlon Brando

Johnny Depp.

Jim Carrey.

Adam Sandler.

Jack Nicholson

Jason Lee

Phillip Seymoure Hoffman

Kate Hudson(even if that means watching Almost Famous 100 times)

Edited by Laice_

When I first saw the title of this thread, Johnny Depp was the first to spring to mind, but I've seen most of them so many times it would probably drive me insane, even though he is excellent.

So, with that in mind, my choice is Bill Murray. Flow SEAMLESSLY from goofy 80s comedy, through 90s semi-obscurity and into 00s art films, cover all the bases and I could happily enjoy it.

Lost in Translation AND Space Jam? How could I do any better?

Bill Murray (Ghostbusters 1 & 2, Lost in Translation, Space Jam, Ed Wood...)

Johnny Depp (Ed Wood, Pirates of the Caribbean, From Hell, Sleepy Hollow, Finding Neverland...)

Jim Carrey (Ace Ventura 1 & 2, The Mask, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, Bruce Almighty, the Grinch, Me Myself and Irene, The Truman Show, Liar Liar, Dumb & Dumber, Batman Forever...)

Damn going through a list of films I enjoy, I am going to be sitting at home in bed for the next few days just watching all of those Jim Carrey films. I've got time to burn because I'm having an operation on my toe so hell yeah I'll be watching JC films all week!

It's a tie between both Johnny Depp and Edward Norton. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Norton as he's a fantastic actor, probably one of my favorite, if not my favorite.

Also, Adam Sandler would definitely be a choice up there.

Wesley Snipes too, just because I liked him when I was younger and he's still decent.

And of course, Robert De Niro because he always delivers. Even in Godsend, I thought he did a decent job, even though that wasn't that great of a movie.

Edited by Livid

It's a tie between both Johnny Depp and Edward Norton. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Norton as he's a fantastic actor, probably one of my favorite, if not my favorite.

I can't believe I didn't mention Norton. I still wouldn't choose him over Spacey, but Primal Fear, People vs. Larry Flynt, Rounders, Fight Club, American History X, The Score, Death to Smoochy, Italian Job, Red Dragon?! Good fucking times. But still, no Keeping the Faith.