Official "Recommend Me Music" Thread

Enter Blue Guy

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I havent read thru 5 pages of this thread, so if anyone has mentioned anything from these bands, I apologise. If you could reccomend me some stuff from these guys:

Horrorpops

Necromantix

Tiger Army (but not ghost tigers rise, I've got that)

And any other rockabilly type stuff that you feel I would enjoy.

Cheers.

Nekromantix:

Alice In Psycholand

Rockin' Reptile

Demons Are A Girl's Best Friend

Last Night I Saved An Angel

Light My Fire

Sexton Society

Who Killed The Cheerleader?

Nice Day For A Resurrection

Subcultural Girl

Gargoyles Over Copenhagen

Murder For Breakfast

I'm A Hellcat

Haunted Cathouse

And just buy the HorrorPops' "Hell Yeah!" CD. Every song on it's good.

And just buy the HorrorPops' "Hell Yeah!" CD. Every song on it's good.

I was listening to the previews on iTunes a minute ago, seems alright, might buy it.

Anyway, I'll probably download a few of them tunes tomorrow morning, cheers geezer.

Firstly, some stuff in the vein of Jamiroquai? I'm willing to try anything....music I mean.

Umm, anyone reommend anything in the vein of Bleeding Through? Or any particular tracks? I have most of the more known ones.

Finally is there any other bands like Hayseed Dixie - who, by the way, everyone should listen to - because I'm finding it hard to get hold of stuff by them?

Alright, I havent read thru 5 pages of this thread, so if anyone has mentioned anything from these bands, I apologise. If you could reccomend me some stuff from these guys:

Horrorpops

Necromantix

Tiger Army (but not ghost tigers rise, I've got that)

And any other rockabilly type stuff that you feel I would enjoy.

Cheers.

All I can think of for Rolling Stones is Paint It Black.

Aside from Reign In Blood, what other Slayer songs should I listen to?

I've got their entire discography and I'd say that their best album is definitely Reign in Blood, which you have. Seasons in the Abyss and South of Heaven are tied for second. Then you get stuff like Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits which are also stellar.

If you like Slayer you should give Sepultura (Especially Beneath The Remains, Schizophrenia, and Arise) a look. Sodom is definitely worth a look also, if you want some good and easily accessable Thrash.

With bands like Jamiroquai being summed up. I could possibly throw ZeroSeven in there, but they're a lot more chilled out (They're like Jamiroquai in a coma. Beautiful stuff.) and less funky. And they don't have Jay Kay. But I got into them as they sort of reminded me of Jamiroquai, in their softer less dancey or rocky songs. And nice to see somebody mentioned Mylo. I was always a fan. Yet I don't know why. You can also go back to some good disco-funk, like Tower Of Power (They have lots of more 'disco' songs) and Earth Wind and Fire etc.

Someone recommend me some prog-rock. I'm in a prog kind of mood.

Edited by Funk Odyssey

Prog-Rock....Jethro Tull, The Mars Volta...pretty much all you need.

I'll try ZeroSeven, thanks :D

I refuse to try New Order as I hate every single song I've ever heard by them, find them highly over-rated, and they just disgust me. Joy Division, I'll get some more stuff by, but I don't see how they can be similar to Jamiroquai, TBH. Who knows, maybe I'll be surprised.

And I'll ask again, something in the vein of Bleeding Through?

I'm slightly curious into a couple of things. And I'm looking for albums

1. Metallica. What would be the best album that they have put out? Does anyone know if a Greatest Hits album exists? And was Turn The Page (the Seger remake) released?

2. Anyone recommend a compilation album for trance music? No words, just the beats.