WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

Might be a prank or might be the sorta thing they reveal right at the last moment to boost sales. If i'm gonna go into anti THQ mode here I don't think they'd do such a thing until the next gen. Even if it was in, wouldn't it be a bit pointless? Unless you're say, battling against the other brand for ratings then there isn't going to be competition unless they made random promotions.

Edited by King Ellis

Jake Roberts is most certainly a PSP exclusive now.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/656/656778p1.html

He's been taken off the legends list and on the end they added "PSP Legend".

I think it's rather bullshit. Jake was one of the legends I was happy was in the game. Why the PSP gets exclusive content I'll never know. It alienates people with consoles. Especially considering he was stated as in in the first place. At least it's not like DoR2 where Maven was even put up on the site at the time of release and was nowhere to be found.

First X-Men legends 2 and now this... stupid fucking PSP...

The PSP gets exclusive content because it also loses content. Its a way of evening things out. I for one am actually purchasing Smackdown for the PSP so an exclusive character makes it worth losing the customizable locker and match commentating, not that I was very keen on either of those in the first place.

Shame...I can't afford to shell out for a PSP, otherwise I would try get SD vs RAW 2006 for it. Jake the Snake was one of the people I had wanted to see.

Why couldn't they have just made one of the Hogans PSP exclusive? Oh well, it's just a legend I suppose.

As for the GM Mode, I dunno, it is very possible. Several people from Aussie have said they seen it in EB, others say they couldn't have because EB only shows pre-order cases, which have no back cover. But I know of shops that have shown the actual case before release.

Then there is the fact that most previews of the game talk about one more single player mode they can't discuss. IGN even went as far as to say there is a mode which features injuries, which could easily play a big part in GM Mode.

I'm going to be positive and give these people the benefit of the doubt and I am now OFFICIALLY looking forward to this game.

November 11th for the UK, November 14th for the US...why are we getting it first for a change?...not complaining, it's about time, but still a little weird.

• Admin

I'll just wait till someone transfers Roberts to the PS2 and puts a save up on the net.

I knew you had sense. :pervert:

Should I be worried by the pervert smilie there? :P

I don't know why people seem to be getting upset about Roberts possibly being on the PSP to start with. As they say, the whole point is to encourage people linking the PSP to the PS2 to transfer unlockables - including the PSP exclusive legend.

I'll just wait till someone transfers Roberts to the PS2 and puts a save up on the net.

I knew you had sense. :pervert:

Should I be worried by the pervert smilie there? :P

I don't know why people seem to be getting upset about Roberts possibly being on the PSP to start with. As they say, the whole point is to encourage people linking the PSP to the PS2 to transfer unlockables - including the PSP exclusive legend.

Only slightly. ;)

It's a way to try and get people to buy the PSP. Besides it will be online soon enough.

http://media.sports.ign.com/articles/658/658995/vids_1.html

http://media.sports.ign.com/articles/658/658665/vids_1.html

Raw vs. Smackdown! 2006 Play of the Day videos at IGN. The first link is a Hell in the Cell match between Kurt Angle and John Cena. The second is a ten man Royal Rumble.

I had a look in EB yesterday. The picture is legit.

Apparently it's not on the Irish version of the box, so rumours now abound about it being an Australian exclusive.

There was a vid floating around of the Hammerstein Ballroom, and it's looking pretty...weird. There's an enormous titantron above the entrance way, which is massive in itself. The brickwall entrance is there, but it's a much wider path to the ring, with no ramp. All the pyro and whatnot is still there, so it looks as though it's built to accomodate the WWE needs, rather than be totally faithfull. It still has an awesome ECW logo in the ring though, so it still rocks. I'll see if I can find the link to the video.

EDIT : There we go.

http://www.gamingring.com/~mike/Smackdown/smackdown3.wmv

Edited by Kaneanite™

So rumor has it THQ has removed all the belts from season except the World and WWE Titles. Again proving every time they seem to be taking a step in the right direction, they take out something for no apparent reason.

Q: In our previous interview, it was said that you can only compete for the Heavyweight Championship and WWE Championship in the season mode, why is this? Many people are unhappy about this as it was said on IGN that it was your goal to capture “all” belts.

A: While it’s true that players will only be competing for the World Heavyweight and WWE Championship belts during Season Mode, WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2006 will also feature an Exhibition Title Match mode. In this mode, players can defend and compete for the World Heavyweight, WWE, WWE Tag Team, World Tag Team, Intercontinental, United States, Cruiserweight, Women’s and two other prestigious Championships, which I’m unable to reveal at this moment. Custom made created single and Tag Team Championships, created in the Create A Championship mode, can also be competed for and defended against in Title matches.

http://www.prowrestlinggames.com/news.php?.../131768485.html

Personally I won't believe anything until i'm playing the game caus there's so many rumours going around. Still though, you can't help but think it's another step forward then two back.

Q: In our previous interview, it was said that you can only compete for the Heavyweight Championship and WWE Championship in the season mode, why is this? Many people are unhappy about this as it was said on IGN that it was your goal to capture “all” belts.

A: While it’s true that players will only be competing for the World Heavyweight and WWE Championship belts during Season Mode, WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2006 will also feature an Exhibition Title Match mode. In this mode, players can defend and compete for the World Heavyweight, WWE, WWE Tag Team, World Tag Team, Intercontinental, United States, Cruiserweight, Women’s and two other prestigious Championships, which I’m unable to reveal at this moment. Custom made created single and Tag Team Championships, created in the Create A Championship mode, can also be competed for and defended against in Title matches.

Personally I won't believe anything until i'm playing the game caus there's so many rumours going around. Still though, you can't help but think it's another step forward then two back.

• Admin

Q: In our previous interview, it was said that you can only compete for the Heavyweight Championship and WWE Championship in the season mode, why is this? Many people are unhappy about this as it was said on IGN that it was your goal to capture "all" belts.

A: While it's true that players will only be competing for the World Heavyweight and WWE Championship belts during Season Mode, WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2006 will also feature an Exhibition Title Match mode. In this mode, players can defend and compete for the World Heavyweight, WWE, WWE Tag Team, World Tag Team, Intercontinental, United States, Cruiserweight, Women's and two other prestigious Championships, which I'm unable to reveal at this moment. Custom made created single and Tag Team Championships, created in the Create A Championship mode, can also be competed for and defended against in Title matches.

I really hope that's true, 'cause that was one of the stupidest things they ever did to SD, taking out Exhibition title matches.

It is true. (Y)