WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

Btw, does SD vs. RAW 06 use the same system for the Royal Rumble as the first SD vs. RAW? (ie, the ring-out meter, and wrestlers being able to just pick up and toss out wrestlers 2 or more weight classes below them)

Yes, thought the ring out meter goes a bit quicker now.

My longest match is also around 40 mins, that was just me killing Michelle McCool trying to get lots of challenges done. My average is around 7-8 minutes as I stretch matches out purposely in an effort to not make them look like squashes.

I'm getting it for Christmas. Does having low stamina affect you hitting certain moves?

Just means that when you hit higher impact moves, you run the risk of dropping to no stamina, which makes your wrestler collapse momentarily, which could allow your opponent a chance to get back in the match.

I don't see how anyone can enjoy playing matches that go no longer than eight minutes. If you're not being challenged, where is the fun?

Exactly how I see it. I'll sometimes go out of my way to let the computer get an advantage on me if it means making the match that bit better. Although now, I cant usually win in under ten minutes, and I only have it on Hard. Some of these people are just machines, they reverse everything :P

I dunno, I must be in the majority but spending ten minutes doing nothing but constant reversals isn't my idea of fun. I like to hit moves every once in a while.

I don't see how anyone can enjoy playing matches that go no longer than eight minutes. If you're not being challenged, where is the fun?

Exactly how I see it. I'll sometimes go out of my way to let the computer get an advantage on me if it means making the match that bit better. Although now, I cant usually win in under ten minutes, and I only have it on Hard. Some of these people are just machines, they reverse everything :P

I dunno, I must be in the majority but spending ten minutes doing nothing but constant reversals isn't my idea of fun. I like to hit moves every once in a while.

I didn't mean it's ten minutes of reversals. Sure, there's a lot of them, but at the same time there's a tonne of moves too. For instace, I throw a punch, reversal into a suplex. That's the sort of stuff I mean. I think the reversals can be annoying at times, but I'd rather they be in than being able to easily do moves and never getting hardly any reversals. If people are winning so quickly, they need to change the difficulty. If they still are winning quickly, then that's their own fault :P

When you play through a full season as Chris Jericho on Legend mode and by the end can't remember exactly what moves Jericho has in the normal front grapple positions due to the fact that 90% of the match is pure reversals, then something's wrong.

I've screwed around with the sliders but I really didn't notice a difference in Season mode.

I'm with Kaney, I don't mind long amtches as long as I get to hit ready moves every now and then. There's way too many reversals.

Am I the only one who thinks the stamina bar is fucking pointless? I had a submission match with Ric Flair in story mode, I swear for 5 minutes he had an empty bar, but had no difficulty reversing everything I did, and landing moves of us own, collapsing in between each. Surely it'd be better if lack of stamina hindered your ability to reverse or do anything but the simplest of moves.

Guest Dakendo

Bwahaha, this is great.

As Chris Benoit in Season, I won the Rumble and won a shot at 'Mania against Triple H. Beforehand I wrestled Flair and beat the piss out of him and he was bleeding all over the place. He got a chair, but I was being all fair and stopped all of that. So when he got me down, he grabs a chair, and NAILS the referee across the face for the DQ. DQ wins normally really suck in my opinion, but I thought this one was good stuff. I also beat Edge in another kickass match, where I had little to no stamina, and with my last bit of it I hit the running forearm for the pin. I was shocked to say the least.

I'm gonna up the difficulty soon, but on Medium it's not bad at all. The reversals are a bitch occasionally, but I'm most likely gonna up the difficulty to Hard/Legend and maybe alter the sliders. I'll probably up them just for the sake of long matches, as sometimes I think I've been having a great match, and then when I look at the timer, it's about 10 minutes, so... yeah.

Edited by Dakendo

Options > Advanced Options. You can alter how hard it is tor everse, how often the cpu reverses, and the finisher/weapon attack strengths.

Interesting. I'm definitely gonna mess with that... is there an ideal setting that seems to be better than the defaults?