Pro Evolution Soccer 5 + Winning Eleven 9 Thread

Dan

Never played PES on PC, but as I can't wait any longer for PES5 on PS2, I decided to download the demo anyway. I'm really loving what I see so far, but the keyboard proves very difficult to use at times. The closest I ever came to scoring was from a Roberto Carlos free kick which hit the bar.

There's no PS2 demo yet. Man.. hurry up, October. :(

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've EVER played a game on a PC (Minus random internet games and WOW) so one question, do i HAVE to have a control for this demo or can the keyboard (Which sucks but meh) work it? If no then I'll have to borrow a control of my mate.

Another question, is the PS2 demo out yet?

You can configure the controls to the keyboard yes. Obviously a controller would be better but meh. I haven't heard anything of a PS2 demo. I think they do one for the PESLeague contest, last year it was availible in Vigin Megastores from what I can remember.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

• 2 weeks later...

w00t, PES5, now with photorealistic...erm....EYES~! Yay for realistic eyes, such a vital part of a football sim.

Seriously, the skins are just as meh as they always have been (I love the "Kryten look" Henry is sporting. Very fetching. At least the balls are pretty rounded I guess, oh...wait...).

If you're going to show off graphics, Konami, make them good first? Not that I care, I just laugh at companies that are like "OMG look at our supar graphics~!~!". There probably should've been a 'b' in that quote somwhere, I'll let you guess where :P.

But yeah, PES has always been about the gameplay, and you can't really fault that. Excluding the throw-ins, goalkeepers, free kicks, Peter Brackley (¬_¬), the lack of any point to doing stepovers/tricks and twists, and referee's that are even more blind than the real thing.

Meh, at least it's better than Fifa. We've got that to be thankful for,

In one of the magazine scans of a PS2 magazine review they say the default team has been changed. I posted the links on page 5 but heres the one with that information.

http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=review64js.jpg

check out http://www.hmv.co.uk/

The game is listed as £29.99

When you add it to your basket it goes down to £14.99. I assume if you pre-order it at that price then i have no choice but to give it to you at that price?

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4713/untitled9jc.png

I wont be getting it because im happy with Winning Eleven 9, but you guys might wanna try it before the realise thier mistake.

Edited by BleedMe

Meh online sites are iffy about stuff like that, I think legally they don't have to sell you it at the cheaper price. If they do so it's entirely as a gesture of good will.

I'm not. Multitap and three mates is infinitely more satisfying. Anyway, I'm now fully hyped up for it now after finally doing the treble on my master league on PES4, hopefully it won't go the way of me finishing both PS2 GTA's pre San Andreas then never being arsed to finish it.

A mate of mine just received this e-mail from HMV:

Dear HMV Customer

I am writing to you with regards to your order placed via www.hmv.co.uk for the following item:

Cat.No: 4012927031568

Artist: XBOX GAME

Title : PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 5

As I am sure you are aware, this item was mispriced on the HMV web site at £14.99 for a short period of time. Under the notified terms and conditions on the web site, HMV are entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our web site.

However, as a gesture of goodwill, on this occasion only, we are going to honour order placed for the item, but will be restricting this offer to one per customer.

Therefore, please note the following:

o If you have placed an order for more than one unit, your order will now be reduced to one unit

o If you have placed more than one order under the same email address, then only one order will stay active, and all subsequent orders will be cancelled.

Please note that due to stock limitations we are unable to guarantee delivery on the week of release, but will do our best to fulfil your order when possible.

Regards,

Andrew Cherrett

Ecommerce Customer Service Manager

www.hmv.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Why hallo thar bump.

Got it this morning, 10am as I was expecting. Got up and everything just in case I had to sign, I did. Just been messing around on ML as Charlton, played African cup with the Ivory Coast, Australasia cup with the Aussies and doing European cup with England. Waiting for the PESFan date update tommorow, then i'll be able to start properly with real kits, up to date teams etc. :)

Someone in the South Korean team has Gook in their name. I laughed ¬_¬

Edited by King Ellis

I'm getting it tomorrow morning from GAME.

I would have ordered it online but I get £12 off with my loyalty card >_<

I hope the actual game is better than the demo I played. It was good but it just seemed like there was something missing.