Pro Evolution Soccer 5 + Winning Eleven 9 Thread

Dan

I beat my mate 7-2, which was a complete domination, which was strange because he is so much better than I am. Anyway, I scored a goal with every single button in one game.

For the Triangle I was in my own half and did the L1 Triangle type pass, the ball flew towards the goal, the goalie rushed out and the ball went rightover his head and into the goal.

The X was a cross and one of my players came in at the backpost and I pressed X hopingfor the ball to go across to Drogba and it went straight in with the goalie well beaten.

My O was Drogba was through on goalie (i'm Ivory Coast vs Peru BTW) took it round him but i thought he had gone so far wide shooting would not be an option so i triple O'd the ball and it made its way in.

Talk about strange goals, it was a crazy match.

From the ludicrus to the sublime, we played again, Brazil vs Liverpool, and Ronaldinho piched up the ball on the half way line and ran until 2 guys came his way, he beat them with the flip-flop and then creamed it into the top corner.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best goal is when I was playing on ML as Charlton. Darren Bent slots a through ball to Jerome Thomas who's going down the left side, he whips it in first time, Rommedhal heads it back into the box and Frannie Jeffers runs on and volleys it into the top corner.

• 3 weeks later...

I rented Winning Eleven for XBOX the other day, my first soccer game ever. Its official, I love it. I got into the WEFA (i think that was it) cup final and Henry got 4 goals and 2 assists in a 6-4 win. Then I took Clichy and started him and he's slowly improving too. I think I might buy this game soon.

I've been playing the Master League constantly since I've been off school and my Inter Milan team have reached near-perfection, at least in the sense that I can finally beat all my mates. :P

I'm about three seasons with a big squad thats rotated frequently to accomodate the older players aswell as the younger developing players.

GK: Toldo/Kahn(Reborn)

DR: Javier Zanetti/Bonera

DC: Burdiso/Cordoba

DC: Samuel/Matterazzi

DL: Riise/Raul Bravo

MR: Joe Cole/Figo

MC: Cambiasso/Xabi Alonso

ML: Hleb/Stankovic

AMC: Pirlo/Veron

ST: Adriano

ST: E'to/Martins

When a player retires, a new version is reborn with the same appearance, name and development curve. The stats however are drastically worse than before and they generally need a lot of hard work to become the players they've replaced.

I mostly tend not to use any of the reborns or classic players, Kahn's my only one and he started off shit anyway.

I love this game and I'm playing on two star :-\

I'm undefeated, yet to concede (2 draws) but I love it. I've never scored more than 2 in a match so far and that's on two stars (I've only ever had Pro Evo 3 where I was alright but played that on 2 or 3 stars one a fortnight or so to relax a bit) so i don't consider myself a professional. My Sunderland team is;

GK. Davies

DR. Wright

DL. McCartney

DC. Breen

DC. Worns

MR. Piper

ML. Arca

MC. Whitehead

RF. Elliot

CF. Le Tallec (Sitting slightly behind)

LF. Podolski

I just love this game, Podolski is set to be an awesome player but not for like another 10 seasons, heh.

Also Alnick and Elliot both are set to be awesome in a few seasons I hope.

I just love this game, and don't laugh that I'm on two stars ;) I'll up it to three next season probably.

I find Vieira amazing i was 2-1 down and he smashed a goal in from the edge of the area off the post but then in the last 5 mins I brought it into the opposition half and just thought I woul have a crack and smashed it from 45-50 yards and it lobbed the keeper and just dipped in to give me a 3-2 win my mate was gutted!

In a 4 player game I was Chelsea and the ball was chipped into the opposition half it bounced towards Lampard so I banged it on the half volley and it hit the cross bar and bounced out.

I love the variations of shots on this game and how they dont always go in.

Well, I went on 3 stars for my first two preseason games. First one ended up 0-0 against Galatasary and I found myself being shoulder barged off the ball into next week.

Then I played Lazio and beat them 1-0 with a Julio Arca freekick on 14 minutes, I saved it so I might whip out the digital camera and try and get it on my PC to send on MSN at least. Was awesome.

So I'm finding 3 stars okay for now, but I've only conceded 1 goal on my master league so far - and that's 1 entire season and 2 friendly matches in total. That was in the cup which I drew 1-1, then proceeded to win 4-0 on the next leg.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing some friendly matches, it's painfully annoying this game. Two stars I win 3-1 on extra time with Deportivo against Wigan, but Chelsea afainst Wigan I win 2-1 in normal time on 4 stars. It's a pain in the ass.

They tackle you with ease and when you have the ball and sprint, they catch up to you and sprint.

You can't tackle them at all, and they out sprint you with the ball if you don't have it.

*WHISTLE* *WHISTLE* *WHISTLE* The referee's can get fucked as well.

I've got V1.0 of the PS2 one for Max Drive. I'll edit it in in a sec.

I think maybe it's more about the logos and such rather than advertisers since it came from the FA. I have to agree with you on the tutorials though, it'd be like TNA taking down CAW sites for Smackdown games.

K I attached it, I know nothing though if the FA come knocking. :P

Or not, can't attach that file ext. Lemme zip it.

So does this update fix all the kits and team names and badges etc? If so how good is it? I realise you posted it in November, so is there a better one around by now?

I've got V1.0 of the PS2 one for Max Drive. I'll edit it in in a sec.

I think maybe it's more about the logos and such rather than advertisers since it came from the FA. I have to agree with you on the tutorials though, it'd be like TNA taking down CAW sites for Smackdown games.

K I attached it, I know nothing though if the FA come knocking. :P

Or not, can't attach that file ext. Lemme zip it.

So does this update fix all the kits and team names and badges etc? If so how good is it? I realise you posted it in November, so is there a better one around by now?

Well....no. That's the point, the FA took it down for copywright violations. I suppose it's worth digging round on other sites though to see if anyone else is making one. GameFAQ's has saves.