Small bands that you're in love with.

Heroin Bob

I got my free Quincy Shanks Sampler #5 last week (which you can get here). Right now I cant stop listening to Biscayne, Black Print, and The Brokedowns. All are fucking awesome bands.

Does anyone else have those really small time bands that you love?

Hundreds and hundreds. I listen to more "small time" bands than majorly well-known bands, probably. At the moment I'm loving The Tiger Lilies, The Valentines, HOW TO TELL YrSELF FROM A TELEVISION, The Merge, Slo-Mo, 3 Stages Of Pain and Baby Dayliner, amongst others.

Depends what you mean by small time?

I like punk rock bands like Might As Well (Kind of poppy), Skyline Collapse (Fucking awesome) and pmx (THey're Scottish :shifty:).

I also like emo'ish/indie rock like Hudson River School, Before Braille (Awesome) and Kissing Chaos.

There's probably more, but I can't really think of them.

Sicks Deep - Viewers of Battle For Ozzfest may of heard of these because they were Kelly Abe's band. After watching Battle for Ozzfest i decided to check them out and just thought they were amazing. There are some songs downloadable from the website and also you can purchase there EP from CDBaby, i got it and it's definately worth it.

Murs, He's an underground rapper and he fucking rocks. Check out Walk Like A Man, Trevor An' Them, and Please Leave.

This local band Back-Up, who are a bit older than my band and friend's bands, and really set a decent standard. It's a hybrid of hip hop, metal and funk. Check them out at http://www.tunetribe.com/Artist?artist_id=4105

Aconite Thrill and, to a lesser extent, Sikth hardly sell and are another two awesome local-ish bands. For fans of Dillinger Escape Plan. thisGIRL are sort of similar as well, and really good. I think me and Colly brought them up in another thread.

Halitosis - Australian Nu-metal/alt band. I filmed a video with them at my work. Bought their LP and it's never left my CD case since

The Almaboobies - Hot chicks playing Rock. Just don't listen to their fucking skittles song.

Starkweather aren't really well known, I suppose. They have been around for a long, long time though, and basically created the sound bands like Converge (as in, the Jane Doe album) et all play. Kind of noisy mathcore I suppose, but generalizing Starkweather really doesn't do them justice.

A link to their Myspace account, you can listen to a song off their new album, and some old songs. Their new album will be their first album in like ten years, as they actually had broken up.