Worst Music Genre names.

Dan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a type of music called Skanking, i believe. It's bassically Punk.

Skanking's a dance, not a genre.

And MTVemo is classic, I'm going to use that one.

I have to agree with Apple Shampoo and say those stupid genres that all end in core (Grindcore, Noisecore, etc...)

And Math Rock is the shit, don't ever diss it.

Yeah you kmow what I am talkin' bout man! Hardcore is the only core that I understand.

Well stuff like Grindcore spawned from Hardcore and took the name because of the whole attitude they were more brutal and shit than Hardcore bands.

This is of course from the British Hardcore of the 80's. One of the 10,000 movements that called itself Hardcore.

I think that although its not a great name (as it doesn't say what the music sounds like really), Math Metal/Rock is one of the better genres out there, as most of the bands I know who do it are talented, and do good music.

I think some people miss where the tongue is planted firmly in the cheek with some of the genres mentioned.

Yeah, basically mainstream punk music like Good Charlotte and Simple Plan is what people mean when they say mall-punk. But I have heard people describe Face to Face and some other alright bands with the genre.

I totally agree. Face to Face are some serious awesome shit, and I don't understand how people can slag them. I just guess it is because they are more inclined to have a more polished and poppy sound as opposed to a more rough and fringe sound.