1. 1. DS or PSP?

• Nintendo DS
    • Sony PSP
    • Nintendo GBA
    • Nintendo GBC
    • Nintendo GB
    • Gizmondo
    • Nokia N-Gage

I have played both, and the PSP hands down.

The graphics on the games I played where amazing, Fifa handles well, much better than the Ps2 version. The music player is awesome, the ability to play ROMs on it is amazing, and music videos and films just top it off.

PSP. No competition.

Interesting Empire film magazine is saying it will be even more revolutionary and must-have than the I-Pod and will revolutionize movie watching as well as games.

Mmmmm playing GTA:PSP on my way to work before watching Oldboy on the way back.

I haven't played on the PSP, but i'd get it for the fact that I can play so many different games on there because of prospects of emulation.

But I have no disappointments with my DS. Sure the graphics aren't as good as the PSPs, but thats irrelevant to me anyway, I play games because they are fun, not because they look good. The fact that the PSP can be used to play movies or music also doesn't interest me, so im not missing out there.

Im basically looking for the machine with the best games. Currently the DS out does the PSP for me. Yeah, the PSP has GTA coming up, but the DS has Advance Wars.

Ill probably buy a PSP anyway. The games are region free right? I know the UMDs aren't, which doesn't bother me in the slightest because im not going to buy them anyway.

Godammit, video games are going to cripple me financially.

I bet ultimately I won't be able to decide which is better anyway. Tecnically, the PSP is better than the DS, if you only look at specs. But then again, technically the Xbox is better than the PS2 and the GC, but I play the other 2 more than my Xbox.

Edited by FunkAsPuck

No. Nintendo are releasing the Gameboy Micro, a nice looking piece of hardware I must say so myself. Its basically just a new version of the GBA. Its smaller (hence the name) and has several backlight settings.

Its not going to compete against the PSP, but Nintendo aren't trying to do that with the Micro.

I dunno about this year but Nintendo has apprently said the DS isn't intended to be the follow on of the Game Boy so I think we can expect some kind of Game Boy 2 at some point.

As for me, I never really use portable games much. I play them on holiday and thats about it but if I were to get one i'd probably go for the PSP.

Are there any "must-have" games for the PSP? Most of what I've seen are just nice looking, watered down ports of PS2 games. I've heard wipeout is good, but other than that, I haven't seen anything too great.

If there's one good thing that can be said about the DS, it's that it's innovative. Most of the games you can play on the DS are impossible to play anywhere else.

I voted for GBA SP, but as for the answer between DS and PSP, I choose DS...mainly because of Wario Ware touched!. Simple, yet addictive.

Are there any "must-have" games for the PSP? Most of what I've seen are just nice looking, watered down ports of PS2 games. I've heard wipeout is good, but other than that, I haven't seen anything too great.

If there's one good thing that can be said about the DS, it's that it's innovative. Most of the games you can play on the DS are impossible to play anywhere else.

Are you serious?

Wario Ware has been done before, twice.

Mario has been done before, 700 times.

Pokemon has been done before.

Ridge racer has been done before.

And so on.

You're point would stand if none of those games used the touch screen or both screens. I'd like you to find games on the PSP that are played in the same way as Kirby Canvas Curse or Pac Pix or Electroplankton or Nintendogs.

The Nintendo DS can be used to create innovative games provided that a games developer uses everything the right way. Despite what others think, the dual screen and touch screen aren't merely a gimmick but something that can inject much needed originality in a games industry obsessed with graphics and franchises.

Are you serious?

And so on.

Are you serious?

And so on.

It seems like I'm the only person not looking at this on fan boy level, as I own neither console, yet I have played both of them quite a bit. I also own 1 sony console and 1 nintendo console.

Triplexpac, I didn't state anywhere that the DS is lame because it reuses old liscences, I just find it stupid when you say the PSP has a lot of ports, when clearly the DS does too.

It pisses me off when people have only got one of them, and decide the other one sucks when they can't be bothered to even try it.

Also, what Punk said. Yes the screen can be used in different ways, which I think is great, but for the sheer experience, I much prefer the PSP. nothing else has let me sit in the car, be able to play Fifa then listen to music, then play some old Snes games then watch a film.

Edited by Dan

Honestly the dual screen attracts me more to the DS, than the ability to play music or watch movies to the PSP on a games console. I already have a MP3 player, and I think the idea of going out and watching a movie is stupid. Watch a DVD at home or go to the cinema.

Additionally graphics don't interest me that much as I'd prefer innovative, fun games to highly graphical games played the same way as other consoles do.

However you should buy the console with the games on it that you want to play, so with the fact that the PSP is going to attract the big name games to it, I'd probably pick one up in the future, when it's come down in price.

Madden 06' looks good for the DS, and has franchise mode. I wonder if the PSP one will too. I don't really like either of the systems. They are both too large and uncomfortable for my liking, and I prefer playing my games at home anyway.

The PSP's going to be huge. I'm applying to work in Gamestation and the buzz about the PSP is deafening.

No one gives two shits about the DS though.

I'd probably get a DS when the new Pokemon games come out though, just because they're usually deep and fun to play. And of course the next billion pokemon for me to enslave. (¬_¬)

The Revolution is going to carry Nintendo forward, I still can't believe we're going to be able to download shitloads of old games for cheap as hell.