Kevin Lisbie '58

Paolo Di Canio '90

Claus Jensen '95

LUTON TOWN 4

Kevin Foley '30

David Bayliss '32

Gary McSheffrey '76

Chris Coyne '110

That good enough for ya? Good to see you have a good knowledge about your clubs games.

I would if it was 4-4, wouldn't you?

I agree. I remember Grimsby's 5-1 victory against Bury last year and Bury aren't a big team. I think he means "why would you remember games against Leek Town and Spennymoor when you can remember games against Manchester United". But huge scorelines are just as rememberal so the comment should have been used if you remembered Luton beating Charlton 1-0 in 1984 or something.

• 4 weeks later...

Fucking hell.

I could start on one of these rants about the little teams in the league, but from the way both teams played tonight - a win for either would have been deserved. I am absolutely ecstatic though unsurprisingly. Grimsby haven't won such a big game since they beat Liverpool in 2001.

Edited by ChrisTheHornyBrick

Wycome Wanderers 3 - 8 Aston Villa

I like the way the biggest result of the night hasn't been mentioned yet, Villa were 3-1 down at half time as well.

Fair play to the lads, to come back form 3-1 down away to win like that showed character even if it was against wycombe. Fuck knows what O'leary said to them at half time but it worked!

And he's spot on about what he said today about our fickle fans. Its one thing booing them off at half time but not when they're playing. And I bet they were the first to start saying how well we came back afterwards as well.

Fair play to the lads, to come back form 3-1 down away to win like that showed character even if it was against wycombe. Fuck knows what O'leary said to them at half time but it worked!

And he's spot on about what he said today about our fickle fans. Its one thing booing them off at half time but not when they're playing. And I bet they were the first to start saying how well we came back afterwards as well.