The Carling Cup 2005/6

Dan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was shit. Darlo had all the chances and Pools got lucky. We'd have done much better if we didn't have our shit substitute keeper on and had Sammy Russel instead. We had two penalties turned down and toward the end Konstantopolous fucking punched Sodje in the head the dirty Greek bastard. I'm still proud of Darlo, they played great but just lacked the final ball.

I was at the final when we beat Leicester for the Worthington Cup... Campbell lifted it... seeing that traitor injured now makes me smile.

Ah, the hardcore fan, the ones who love a footballer to bits until he leaves - then he's wished injured for leaving for more money and better football prospects. What human would do such a thing? The scumbag. :P

Anyway - Grimsby face Derby tonight. It's important as my brother's girlfriend (a completely boastful cow) is from Derby so Town must beat them - or else. We beat Wigan in the first round last year and then pushed Charlton to the limit in the second round, so who knows what will happen?

Grimsby Town defeated Derby 1-0! YYYYEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!! Take that Rams!!! For the second season in the row, we beat a Championship team who are very high in the league. Last year, we beat Wigan who were 1st at the time (they ended up getting promoted) and at the moment, Derby are 3rd!

PARTY AT MY HOUSE!!!

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

Tottenham given Grimsby cup test

The pick of the Carling Cup second round ties sees Tottenham travel to Blundell Park to play Grimsby.

Spurs are riding high in the Premiership but will face a tough test against the Mariners, who shocked Championship side Derby in round one.

Aston Villa have a tricky away tie against Wycombe Wanderers, and West Ham are also on the road - taking on Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.

The eight clubs that qualified for Europe will enter in the third round.

Watford v Wolves

Wycombe v Aston Villa

Wigan v Bournemouth

Charlton v Hartlepool

Fulham v Lincoln

Yeovil v Millwall

Doncaster v Man City

Blackburn v Huddersfield

Leicester v Blackpool

Rotherham v Leeds

Norwich v Northampton

Scunthorpe v Birmingham

Sheffield Wed v West Ham

Burnley v Barnsley

Grimsby v Tottenham

Cardiff v Macclesfield

Mansfield v Southampton

West Brom v Bradford

Gillingham v Portsmouth

Crystal Palace v Coventry

Barnet v Plymouth

Shrewsbury v Sheffield Utd

Sunderland v Cheltenham

Reading v Luton

(Games to be played 19/20/21 September)

Any thoughts on any of the ties?

Charlton vs. Hartlepool.

I'm so putting money on us to lose. We always lose to smaller teams.

It's true in a way. Charlton struggled like hell against Grimsby Town in the second round last time and got away with murder with two (admittedly f'n sweet - especially the first goal) set pieces.