2005 VMA's

paidelr

Gorillaz won Best Breakthrough video? They are only just getting big in america? Gorillaz fucking own.

No, Gorillaz have been big in the States since the day "Feel Good Inc." was released after two or three years of being totally forgotten.

They were nominated for stuff with Clint Eastwood four years ago as well, it's just that they didn't win then.

Gorillaz won Best Breakthrough video? They are only just getting big in america? Gorillaz fucking own.

No, Gorillaz have been big in the States since the day "Feel Good Inc." was released after two or three years of being totally forgotten.

They were nominated for stuff with Clint Eastwood four years ago as well, it's just that they didn't win then.

Sorry, but I don't get people ragging on bands who won awards, or get nominated. Since there is no barometer for whether bands are good or not, they go for those that are popular...how else would they choose?

And also, lanky, I know Rammstein are good live, buts its not as if Green Day are slouches when it comes to putting on a live show.

I don't get the overbashing of Green Day, American Idiot is their best CD in almost a decade. You may get tired of certain songs because radio or TV overplay them, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it was some of the best mainstream music this year.

The real problem with this atrocious awards show is that every time I flipped it on, they were in a fucking commercial break. I turned it on at least 15 times yesterday and caught the actual show once.

I don't get the overbashing of Green Day, American Idiot is their best CD in almost a decade.  You may get tired of certain songs because radio or TV overplay them, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it was some of the best mainstream music this year.

MTV is picky and choosy like that though. Some years, it's about best video, like when Jamiraquai (sp?) won... obviously that wasn't the best song of 1997, but it was an awesome video. But some years, it's simply the best song, and while we can all argue what the best song this year was, Blvd. was probably the most popular song of the year. And for the most part, there weren't many GOOD videos (that accompanied at least decent songs) this year either.

MTV is picky and choosy like that though.  Some years, it's about best video, like when Jamiraquai (sp?) won... obviously that wasn't the best song of 1997, but it was an awesome video.  But some years, it's simply the best song, and while we can all argue what the best song this year was, Blvd. was probably the most popular song of the year.  And for the most part, there weren't many GOOD videos (that accompanied at least decent songs) this year either.

I really don't understand the R-Kelly thing, but it was hilarious to be fair to him. Dunno if that's what he's going for though. The Kanye introduction with John Legend and Alicia Keys was nice. Bit strange seeing Gwen Stefani lose out to Kelly Clarkson, who is a lot fitter than I remember her.

I really don't understand the R-Kelly thing, but it was hilarious to be fair to him. Dunno if that's what he's going for though. The Kanye introduction with John Legend and Alicia Keys was nice. Bit strange seeing Gwen Stefani lose out to Kelly Clarkson, who is a lot fitter than I remember her.

Edited by YI

I'm just watching an encore, props to Jamie Foxx and Kanye West for pulling a great performance. I also loved Mariah Carey(always did, always will) and Green Day winning 7 of the 8 awards is great(huge Green Day fan).

I saw the opening segment. Lindsay Lohan looked coked out of her mind. So sad.

Gwen Stefani looked ready to kill someone after she got screwed out of that award. I like Kelly Clarkson and all, but Gwen deserved that.

And Green Day has been the best overall band of the past decade, so they deserve it.

I saw the opening segment.  Lindsay Lohan looked coked out of her mind.  So sad.

Gwen Stefani looked ready to kill someone after she got screwed out of that award.  I like Kelly Clarkson and all, but Gwen deserved that.

And Green Day has been the best overall band of the past decade, so they deserve it.

LMFAO.

Most stupid shit ever.

What the fuck was wrong with Hilary Duff...she looked dead...

The Simspons talking about the "Dirty south" was terrible, Lil Jon gettin' rejected by that chick in the see through dress was funny, Eva Longoria made my mouth drop when she walked out...Bobby Valentino sounded pretty good live, Luda sounded terrible

Snoop's Crip suit was awesome too...but did they really have to go to see Jay-Z's reaction whenever the awards were announced?