2005 VMA's

paidelr

So I can't believe a topic wasn't started before. The show is almost over.

Eva Longoria = HOTTTTTTTTT

Oh, and the thing with 50 Cent and Fat Joe was VERY interesting.

If you didn't see it, basically this is what happened:

As Fat Joe presented an award or whatever, he said something like, "I feel safe in this building right now. All of these G-UNIT soldiers."

Then when 50 performed, he did "So Seductive" with Tony Yayo. At the end of the song, 50 and Yayo went ballistic. The whole thing was editted out but I could make it "Fat Joe you fuckin pussy! Stupid ------ ---- mother ------ punk!"

I liked the "American Idiot" album and all, but seriously, MTV needs to stop shoving Green Day's atrocious music videos down our throats. "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" is an awful video, and probably the weakest song on the album.

Guest Morecello

Did you know that Billy Joe's songs that he had orginally writtten got stolen? Boulevard may have never come to pass if someone hadn't stolen the first batch of songs.

Kanye and Jaime Fox's performance was great and damn can Jamie sing.

As Fat Joe presented an award or whatever, he said something like, "I feel safe in this building right now. All of these G-UNIT soldiers."

Then when 50 performed, he did "So Seductive" with Tony Yayo. At the end of the song, 50 and Yayo went ballistic. The whole thing was editted out but I could make it "Fat Joe you fuckin pussy! Stupid ------ ---- mother ------ punk!"

Wait... Is this thread saying that MTV is remotely trying to promote music instead of the music lifestyle? Hell, what next? Music videos on MTV? HA!

If you guys think MTV cramming down generic pop crap like My Chemical Romance and Greenday is bad - Kerrang magazine just had them contending for the best band in the world award.

Edited by ChrisTheHornyBrick

I actually liked the 'anything can happen' mantra of this year's show. It was so completely random, some of the shit that happened (think MC Hammer performance followed by something presented by Eric Roberts). Though, it did get rather sucky after about 90 minutes. It sucked that nearly every band I was looking forward to playing had to play their fucking single I was getting tired of (The Killers so should've played "All These Things That I've Done"; same with Coldplay and their new track).

And, of course, I have a major problem with giving Green Day Video of the Year. But not that it matters. I mean, this is an MTV Video Music Award after all. It cant mean much when Missy Elliott takes a shit and wins at least two of them each year.

The only good that came of it as far as I'm concerned was Gorillaz winning Breakthrough Video. I might try to catch one of the ten thousand re-airings they'll do of it this week for that part only.