FIFA '06

therockbox

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played every Fifa since 98, and ever since Fifa 99, they've all been piss-poor. So yeah, I've played them all, and while they may have the odd good feature, Pro blows Fifa out of the water each and every time.

The only, ONLY thing it has that's more appealing than anything Pro does is that it's got all the licences, but CSAMH said, Pro is getting more and more each year. I just don't understand why people by Fifa and Pro, or just Fifa.

Well at least we now all know what game will (wrongly) be Christmas number 1....

Do people ever learn?

And with Pro Evo getting more licenses, there really is no excuse not to

Yeah, because the law clearly states that you can't buy both.

Not yet...But I'm campaigning for it (Y)

Hardy hah hah.

I've played every Fifa since 98, and ever since Fifa 99, they've all been piss-poor. So yeah, I've played them all, and while they may have the odd good feature, Pro blows Fifa out of the water each and every time.

The only, ONLY thing it has that's more appealing than anything Pro does is that it's got all the licences, but CSAMH said, Pro is getting more and more each year. I just don't understand why people by Fifa and Pro, or just Fifa.

Edited by rock a box

Fifa as a whole is not a crap game. I think people mis judge it because they compare it to much to PES. I love PES and rank it high above Fifa, but i do realise why Fifa is great. The only fault i see the Fifa games having is deffinately the game play. If EA concentrated on improving that feature then it could have a great chance in pushing PES away. But until then PES will rule.

Lots of games can be seen as good, even if the gameplay lets you down, but not sports games.

It's all about game play, and how it handles. I don't care about loads of leagues and cups, or secret items. FIFA is too slow for me, after playing PES religiously now, FIFA seems to be at crawling pace, it's terrible.

It is slow, i have to agree, you cant play fast footy. I love playing like Arsenal do, i.e free flowing fast football, counter attacks etc. On PES its acheivable but not on Fifa. I have stated that i think Fifa isn't that bad but i still want to trade it in now. :)

I'll be trying this one for sure. I never take heed of anyone elses opinion, I have to try stuff myself. 05 was good for having a few mates around and a mess around session so hopefully 06 is the same.

Or nobody wil be coming round here..

:shifty:

It is slow, i have to agree, you cant play fast footy. I love playing like Arsenal do, i.e free flowing fast football, counter attacks etc. On PES its acheivable but not on Fifa. I have stated that i think Fifa isn't that bad but i still want to trade it in now. :)

For me it's not an anti-EA thing as I think the Madden games are great, I bought Cricket 05 over Brian Lara's and I also own at least one Tiger Woods game.

I'm sure FIFA is an above-average game too...It's just:

1) It's not as good as Pro Evo and I don't need two football games.

2) It's our NATIONAL SPORT and it's not as good to play as Yank Madden football.

3) New year, new Beckham haircut, kits and slightly-improved step-over technique does NOT warrant shelling out another £30.

4) The HMV.com £14.99 pre-ordering of Pro Evo negates the need for FIFA completely even if 1, 2 and 3 didn't exist...

Has anyone who actually has the game, tried Manager mode yet?

I've been working away with it all afternoon, playing the matches rather than simulating them and it's great. I kind of cheated to start as United though. The game doesn't let you begin with a 5* team, one way to avoid it is to change the team's starting XI to the worst possible and change it back once you've started...Handy trick, really.

I'm not sure on the running of things though, I've won the majority of my matches but my job security is dropping rapidly due to me being well below my budget. I have the fan support though and hopefully winning the league will be enough to rid the club of the debt.