FIFA '06

therockbox

Bah, got the sack as United manager. It seems the 'trick' I mentioned has its faults afterall, by Christmas you're usually in enough debt to get the boot no matter how well you're doing in the league. Bare that in mind, Johnny.

I'm playing as Spurs now and sitting comfortably at the top of the league. I beat Arsenal 2-0 but only after they had both Gilberto and Cambell sent off, injurying Carrick for six months in the process! ...Bastards.

I started off as Newcaslte, but got bored because I started on amatuer. Switched to a game with Reading in the Championship and it's much, much more fun. It's coming up to Christmas and I'm 3rd in the league, so hopefully I can get promotion.

I'm glad that they got rid of John Motson and Ally McCoist as well. Clyde Tylsley (sp?) and Andy Gray are much better.

I tried Newcastle myself but after adding in Owen, Solano and Luque it turned out I couldn't pick them, hence why I'm stuck with Spurs. Oh, and you do know that you can change the Difficulty level even on saved games, don't you? During manager mode, you can press Square to access the 'MyFifa06' screen and make adjustments to the match-time, difficulty and game-speed.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Don't go into debt.

I got fired after being top of the league and after beating Chelsea 4-0, so I presume it was because of my financial issues. Always keep a couple of thousand credits I say.

When choosing a sponsor, go with the one that pays the highest per game. The other bonuses might not be as big but you might not get a chance to get a bonus if you go into debt early.

I just rented this game. I found it entertaining, and i'm in a career/manager/whatever mode with Blackpool. I like the color Orange, so I tookt hem.

FEAR MY 1-3 RECORD!

I couldn't even score a goal until the game I won, so clearly Fifa isn't as score happy as it used to be. Should have more national teams though. I remember older games having like, everyone.

Edited by Hajjhowe

You just need to find a player with a good cross and a striker with good heading ability. Keep switching your formation around until you find one that works for you, I am using a 3-4-3 formation and it is working extremely well.

As Real Salt Lake in the MLS, I just schooled the LA Galaxy 5 to 1, including a header hat trick from Clint Mathis.

• 1 month later...

OK, I'm looking at 3 options, and I'm not sure which to go with so I need your help.

1) Go get Fifa World Cup 2006. Apperantly it doesn't have the club teams, but I'm not sure how the gameplay is comprable to Fifa 06.

2) Go get Fifa Soccer 2006, more teams, manager mode...It looks good, and seems like a good way to get into the Premiership and Bundesleague. (I already have my favorite teams from each, but I don't know a lot about the league.)

3) Wait til Fifa 07...New features and whatnot...fairly obvious.

Which should I do? If I get either of the 2006 ones, I'm for sure buying used.

I was given a 25 dollar Circuit City giftcard for Christmas and picked this game up for 5 dollars out of my own pocket.

I love the game, bought it well before the WC started and didn't even know much about the game until then. It has given me a MUCH better understanding of how the game works.

I'm glad this topic is back (I think it was old?) as I've started playing this again, thanks to the World Cup buzz.

I started a season with Tottenham. 2-2 right now, I lost a shitty game to Man U. I was up 1-0 most of the game, and just dominated, had tons of chances and just didn't put it in. Davids even killed Christiano, taking the ball from him everytime.

Yet, van whatever the fuck the rest is, scored two goals, the winner on a penalty after I fucked up and killed him in the box.

Anyone else doing any manager modes?