FIFA '06

therockbox

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

As a Pro Evo fanboy I was curious how much FIFA had changed since I last played it in 2000. Ofcourse, the bastard that I am, I didn't buy the game but instead I downloaded it with a torrent. The main reason I wanted to try FIFA out is because I just hate Pro Evo's licenses, they just have very few. Also, you have to do the Master League to be able to buy players, but the Master League sucks compared to the normal football leagues. So I started with Boavista in Portugal (who weren't in Pro Evo and I've always liked Boavista for some reason...), I lost three times in a row because I was way too used to Pro Evo. It's really hard to get past a player and the opponent just spins around like a lunatic if you try to take the ball. The shooting is pretty weird too, it's very sensitive or....it just doesn't make much sense. So their goalkeeper stops every ball from far, yet when they shot once at my keeper, he screws up. Pro Evo's gameplay is better in many ways, but at least the FIFA CPU doesn't start giving themselves freekicks when they are losing like in pro evo. Now I'm playing with Rushden&Diamonds, a team that I know shit of, in FA League Two. And I fucking love the idea of being able to go a league up and build the team up to new heights. My goal is ofcourse the Premier League and eventually Champions League, but that'll take a while. I'm still having a hard time finding the goal but getting used to it. I just beat Sheffield Utd (who are in the championship) in the League Cup with 0-2, followed by a fucking 2-1 loss to Chester...lame.

Pro Evo's gameplay is still better yes, but when I play FIFA I feel like I'm playing a real football game more because of the ambience, the great commentating and the numerous options (like scouting...) and ofcourse LOADS of teams. Especially the teams just make me want to continue playing with Rushden.