FIFA '06

therockbox

I started off as Newcaslte, but got bored because I started on amatuer. Switched to a game with Reading in the Championship and it's much, much more fun. It's coming up to Christmas and I'm 3rd in the league, so hopefully I can get promotion.

I'm glad that they got rid of John Motson and Ally McCoist as well. Clyde Tylsley (sp?) and Andy Gray are much better.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PE, you're a star. I started as Roma just an hour or so back but once you told me how to be any team, I've restarted as Juve :)

Why the heck is Mutu called Thedore (or Tedore)? It's without a doubt Mutu, the commentator even said 'Mutu' as clear as daylight. Why the heck isn't he called Mutu?

Just brought Wright-Phillips, he's pretty damn good. The low crosses are awesome though, at least you can do some super balls into the back post with the L1+Square style.

I started off as Newcaslte, but got bored because I started on amatuer. Switched to a game with Reading in the Championship and it's much, much more fun. It's coming up to Christmas and I'm 3rd in the league, so hopefully I can get promotion.

I'm glad that they got rid of John Motson and Ally McCoist as well. Clyde Tylsley (sp?) and Andy Gray are much better.

They did what? That was my favourite part of the game.

Motty: So Ally....a lot of clubs have much more nowadays....

Ally: Oh yes, theres the club shop, a hotel, restaraunt. It's a whole little world around a football club.

Bah, got the sack as United manager. It seems the 'trick' I mentioned has its faults afterall, by Christmas you're usually in enough debt to get the boot no matter how well you're doing in the league. Bare that in mind, Johnny.

I'm playing as Spurs now and sitting comfortably at the top of the league. I beat Arsenal 2-0 but only after they had both Gilberto and Cambell sent off, injurying Carrick for six months in the process! ...Bastards.

I gave FIFA another chance, as I so often do, and decided that it's actually alright once you get used to the annoying bits. What I posted before was purely out of frustration.

Anyway, started manager mode as Man City and won the Premiership. Unlocked the bit for going 5 star teams and went Chelsea. With a bit of "creative editing" I had Adriano and Eto'o up front. All is going well to start, I'm shocked to find out I've actually got money to spend so I bought Heinze from United. In abou the fourth game into the season again the Albion, Adriano gets injured and is going to be out until January, forcing me to pair Crespo with Eto'o. Into October, I'm playing Sunderland and Eto'o comes off injured. Out until March.

Dizzam.

Call me crazy but I like it. It is a sharp looking game, and once you get used to the gameplay you can actually pull of some unique plays. My only complaint is that occasionally refs will botch calls really badly and give possession for throw ins, goalkicks, corners, etc... to the wrong team.