FIFA '06

therockbox

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Argos aren't doing it GAME are selling it for £24.99 if you trade in FIFA '05.

Or get it off Play or Amazon.com for £29.99 and sell Fifa 05 on eBay :shifty:

How good is it? Fifa haven't put out a good/decent game since Fifa 99, and even that was a let down in comparisson to Fifa 98, which was so great. The joy of sliding the goalkeeper...ah, fun...

It's worth a rent. It's not like the old arcadey FIFA games where you could dribble past everyone on the other team and then smack it into the net (although that may have more to do with the fact that I'm still on Pro Evo controls, I keep pressing square to shoot >_>).

I'm suprised GAME are doing that deal as they always have trouble shifting old sports games, thats why they prohibited them during that 'Trade in 4 games get a new one for 99p' deal.

They did an ISS on the Gamecube IIRC, didn't fare to well. Don't blame Konami though, they're just tagging along with all the other third parties. Anyway, you could always get it on the PC and buy yourself a PS2 to PC controller converter.

Well, I got it today from GAME for £35 cos Argos had sold out, but never mind.

It's not bad so far, about what I was expecting, I started a Manager/Career/Whatever game with Norwich and made a good start of the season. I then went 8 games in a row without scoring. Eight. God knows how it happened, but I'm thinking I should play on Amateur until I get used to the game properly. <_<

Them gits Blockbuster said they aint getting it for rent till next Friday.

My mate got it yesterday and I played it at his last night though. So much different to 2005 that's for sure. I swear there's a tonne of Pro stuff in there, like the new cross style for instance. Pretty good though, will take sometime to get used to. I don't like how players against you just sit and do ten turns in a row, that's way too unrealstic and shitty. I hate how a random shit player can still outrun some much better player as well, or he was when I played last night.

Still, not too bad. Wont touch Pro though.

How the hell does the skill function work?

The manual mentions something about the right analogue stick but I can never get it to work in a real match. I always seem to get dispossessed or something and as a result my goals only ever come from crosses/headers. Its frustrating, as in training I can beat a whole field of men with step-overs and shit but in a real match I can't do anything to that effect.

The last FIFA game i got was FIFA 2000 and that was ONLY because of the classic teams. I remember a friend once asking me to play FIFA 2003 because i told him i hated the fact that the FIFA series games were so unrealistic. He told me this (the 2003 one) wasn't like that and i borrowed it for a weekend. While i noticed it had improved, i could only play 2/3 games before getting tired of it and never looked at it again. I don't doubt they are continuing to improve but i think i'll stick with the PES series as i think they're leagues ahead of FIFA.

I hired it.

I thought the point of games was to be fun, right? From the time I've played this utter heap of shit I could call it a bunch of things, but fun isn't one of them.

Fuck FIFA, I'm sick and tired of hearing all of this "we've done this and that to improve it" when all you're getting is a worse version of last year's peice of shit.

They seriously need to stop making this shit.