The FRIENDS Thread

PkmnTrainerJ

FRIENDS whilst still around was brilliant, and I have all The One With All Ten Series On DVD big set which is brilliant. So, as I've been watching the show a lot recently, share your opinions on the show, the actors and actresses, how some storylines are similar to what has happened to you as well as your favourites.

My favourite character is definetly Phoebe, and then to compliment her with Paul Rudd (Mike) makes her so much better.

Favourite episodes? The One That Could Have Been, and The One With All The Thanksgivings and of course The Final One.

And Courtney Cox (not Arquette, dammit) does have the breasts of a Greek godess.

I love F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I have all of them on Video and despite it being finished and having seen all the episodes i still get great enjoyment out of watching them still, deffinately a timeless classic.

I cant think of any specific episode that stands out for me but i will have to go with King Ellis and agree that the episode was great.

My favourite charcter has to be Joey, with Chandler being second. I dont know why but i really couldnt stand Phoebe.

I'll thirdeth the suckage.

Admittedly, I'll accept that I do watch it sometimes, but like so many US comedies, it seems caught in a hype machine, which makes it seem that much bigger/better than it really is.

Edited by Big Hairy Man Face

I'll thirdeth the suckage.

Admittedly, I'll accept that I do watch it sometimes, but like so many US comedies, it seems caught in a hype machine, which makes it seem that much bigger/better than it really is.

Same.

I watch it, it's okay, but it's not as BWAHAHAHSUPERSHOWYEAHBESTHINGSINCEJAY that they all claim it to be.

I watch it once a day, it's on TBS during the late afternoon/evening and I just leave the channel on and watch the shows.

I like Joey and Chandler best, Joey has the I'm so stupid, I don't know things kind of funny and Chandler has a great sarcastic humour.

The show is meh, some episodes are great others make me want to beat my head in.

Friends was alright, but it went on too long. The golden rule of sitcoms is not to overstay your welcome, which Friends did long before it finished.

The main problem is that by the end, Friends was so self-referential that if you hadn't seen it before, and only started watching towards the end (which seems practically impossible living in late 90s/early 00s Britain, as like Keith said, it seems to always be on at least one channel), you wouldn't get half the jokes. Instead of Chandler making sarcastic comments, you get jokes about Chandler making sarcastic comments.

Pretty much the only character that didn't become either a shell of their former self or a complete self-parody was Joey during the Joey/Rachel storyline, but straight after that he reverted back to the old Joey and was complete dead-weight.