I Declare War

Typical Phenom

I'm surprised nobody's brought this up, but is anyone else anxious to see what actually goes down tonight?

I know there's going to be a ton of hip hop artists in the place, a lot of em will probably even be performing. If I had to take a guess, I'd go with the most popular rumor, that he's going to call out 50 and G-Unit, but nothing's ever for sure.

What do you think will happen and what do you think the repricussions will be for both Jay and whoever he calls out?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest G3NXCMF

Whoever Jay-Z calls out it it won't matter because he is the number one rapper business man around now. I'm sure once he does though he'll be killed by 50, Lloyd, Mobb Deep, MOP, all of 'em.. Lyrically of course.

Maybe Jay, Kayne, The Game, and Busta will feud with G-Unit and Interscope Aftermath.

Hasn't necessarily done anything outside of the ordinary, but here's the quote from when Jay went on one of NY's hip hop stations about a month ago, talking about the whole concert.

“I gotta put [my adversaries] in the choke hold, the Boston crab. I gotta smash a couple of people. ... Everybody better make up and be my friend."

50 and G-unit are just the top names being speculated, he could be Declaring War on anyone, that's what's got me so intrigued. If only I lived on the east coast, I'd be at the Continental Airlines Arena tonight.

I'm intrigued, at first I thought of D-Block, but didn't he put the beef with them to rest? I'm pretty sure he and Jada have done a song together.

I'm intrigued, at first I thought of D-Block, but didn't he put the beef with them to rest? I'm pretty sure he and Jada have done a song together.

Another rumor says that The Lox and Fat Joe may both be on stage with him, which supports the "50 as target" theory. There's been a lot of talk about Nas having patched up his beef with Jay and wanting to come aboard to Def Jam since he only has one album left on his Sony deal. Obviously Lil Wayne is a favorite of Jay-Z's and he's been sporting that G-Unot shirt lately.

Also, don't forget about Ja Rule and how he's supposed to be coming back as Loki, the Greek God of something or other. Even in a drop Ja cut for us over the summer, he referred to himself as Loki. He also told us that the beef with him and 50 was only going to get worse, could this be what he was talking about? Imagine Nas, Jigga, Ja as Loki, Jadakiss, Fat Joe, Game, Wayne, all on stage spitting anti G-Unit bars...that's some tough stuff.

I'm pretty sure Nas and Jigga put the beef behind them some time ago.

Another rumor says that The Lox and Fat Joe may both be on stage with him, which supports the "50 as target" theory. There's been a lot of talk about Nas having patched up his beef with Jay and wanting to come aboard to Def Jam since he only has one album left on his Sony deal. Obviously Lil Wayne is a favorite of Jay-Z's and he's been sporting that G-Unot shirt lately.

Also, don't forget about Ja Rule and how he's supposed to be coming back as Loki, the Greek God of something or other. Even in a drop Ja cut for us over the summer, he referred to himself as Loki. He also told us that the beef with him and 50 was only going to get worse, could this be what he was talking about? Imagine Nas, Jigga, Ja as Loki, Jadakiss, Fat Joe, Game, Wayne, all on stage spitting anti G-Unit bars...that's some tough stuff.

Unrelated thing here, sorta; Ja Rule's going to be calling himself Loki? Like the Norse god? Jesus Christ, and Loki has always had such cool incarnations in pop culture before this.

How the hell did I not hear about this. I hope Jay-Z comes back and goes to war with 50, maybe he will give the push that Nas, Fat Joe and Ja Rule need to end 50's career. I can only hope. Also, Em and Dre won't get involved in 50's beef, they have basically stepped back and let 50 do what he wants. I hope that they split from him, as he is just fighting with everyone now.

Jay-Z & Nas End Beef at 'I Declare War' Concert

by: brooklyniteOne

Fri, October 28th, 2005

Beanie SigelAt Jay-Z's highly publicized "I Declare War" Concert at Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, NJ, the aim was apparently to bring back the east coast, make a ton of money and end 50 Cents reign in the process. At the event Nas said, "A lot of ni***s is makin' money and still f***in' mad at the world!"

In a recent interview with MTV Nas commented that 50 Cent is still mad at the world. Nas said, "I would like to know what it is to sit down and talk to him[50 Cent], see what's on his mind. Because all he's showing is that when you get rich, you get angry at the world. And that's not what's it's supposed to be about."

At the "I Declare War" Concert at Continental Airlines Arena Nas performed the hook to Jay-Z's "Dead Presidents," and "The World Is Yours," "It Ain't Hard to Tell" and "New York State of Mind," then P-Diddy came on stage and performed "Hate Me Now" with Nas.

During the concert Jay-Z exclaimed "All that beef s**t is wack." The theme of the night was unity no doubt as the Lox performed All about the Benjamins with P Diddy. Beanie Siegel came on stage to perform "What We Do." with Freeway and Jay-Z despite any talks of State Property beefs. Bleek and Peedi Crack were also in the building. Sauce Money performed "Reservoir Dogs" with the Lox and Jay-Z despite any beefs he may have had in the past with Jay-Z. The lingering thought is how will artists such as 50 cent who built careers off of beefs will receive this move?