NFL Playoffs

Cactus Drags

1) Bad call on offensive pass interference on what should have been the first Seattle TD.

2) Big Ben did NOT score.

3) The Steelers held on Parker's TD.

4) The Steelers held on the Randle El to Ward TD.

5) There was no holding on the play that Stevens caught at the two, Seattle ended up punting when it got called back.

6) There was no holding on Seattle during the run back to midfield. They ended up punting from deep in their own territory.

7) In the first quarter there was no holding on a play that Seattle had gotten a first down on. Naturally they didn't convert and had to punt.

8) Hasselbeck cannot low block someone he's tackling. 15 more free yards for Pittsburgh.

9) The delay of game that was 2 seconds over the limit

10) The "fumble" that wasn't.

Would you like me to continue, or is that enough?

Edited by naiwf27

1) Bad call on offensive pass interference on what should have been the first Seattle TD.

5) There was no holding on the play that Stevens caught at the two, Seattle ended up punting when it got called back.

6) There was no holding on Seattle during the run back to midfield. They ended up punting from deep in their own territory.

7) In the first quarter there was no holding on a play that Seattle had gotten a first down on. Naturally they didn't convert and had to punt.

8) Hasselbeck cannot low block someone he's tackling. 15 more free yards for Pittsburgh.

Edited by oldskool

2) Ben's arm is on the goal line while he's in the air. He has the ball in his hand, connected to that arm. How is the ball NOT on the goal line and therefore a touchdown?

I don't understand football at all. His arm =/= the ball.

Plus the pushing thing is so fucking lame. What the hell kind of contact sport IS this?

Since I'm the "only" one who thought the game was poorly officiated why is every other board I've visited during the game and since calling this the worst officiated SB ever?

Overturning a call you blow is still blowing a call oldskool. Fixing a glaring mistake doesn't erase the fact that a mistake was made. Whatever though, I'm not going to argue about the Steelers' tainted title victory because Seattle should have blown them out by 20 bad calls or not.

Since I'm the "only" one who thought the game was poorly officiated why is every other board I've visited during the game and since calling this the worst officiated SB ever?

Overturning a call you blow is still blowing a call oldskool. Fixing a glaring mistake doesn't erase the fact that a mistake was made. Whatever though, I'm not going to argue about the Steelers' tainted title victory because Seattle should have blown them out by 20 bad calls or not.

• Like 1

That officiating was terrible I thought. Most of the bad calls were to Pittsburgh's benefit too, lucky guys. Seattle made a few mistakes that if they weren't made could've made up for the officiating calls that hurt them.

Pretty lackluster game in any case.

Edited by damshow

Seem to understand the main rules now, then along comes another fifty complicated little rules that put me right off. There really is so much to this game, certainly going to take a while to understand the lot of it. At least I've got the main stuff sorted.

As I'm new to the rules and game, I couldn't really argue whether something was wrong or not, so I just enjoyed the game really. Ben Roethlisberger has become my favourite player already, yeah, he's awesome :)

Despite it probably being explained over and over in here, can someone explain something. Not long after the start, Seattle seemed to score a touchdown, yet points never got awarded or something. I don't get that. What did the receiving player actually do wrong? I just saw him nudge passed the other guy inside the area, catch the ball and yet for some reason the points never got awarded. Probably a simple explanation, can someone help me out and tell me what that's all about?

It's called pass interference. When you touch a guy so far passed the line of scrimmage before the ball arrives and delay or disrupt him, it's flagged. The call was very, very, very marginal and it probably should have been a touchdown, but it wasn't.

Seem to understand the main rules now, then along comes another fifty complicated little rules that put me right off. There really is so much to this game, certainly going to take a while to understand the lot of it. At least I've got the main stuff sorted.

As I'm new to the rules and game, I couldn't really argue whether something was wrong or not, so I just enjoyed the game really. Ben Roethlisberger has become my favourite player already, yeah, he's awesome :)

Despite it probably being explained over and over in here, can someone explain something. Not long after the start, Seattle seemed to score a touchdown, yet points never got awarded or something. I don't get that. What did the receiving player actually do wrong? I just saw him nudge passed the other guy inside the area, catch the ball and yet for some reason the points never got awarded. Probably a simple explanation, can someone help me out and tell me what that's all about?