NFL Playoffs

Cactus Drags

I hadn't seen the Commercials linked in here so with all the talk of conspriacy, I think my fellow Canadians who are denied the US commercials by "the Drunken Check Mark" (thank you Jay Onrait) will enjoy these as I hope I soon will. Here they are:

http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl?htv=12

Psh, Norm McDonald's Bell Commercials were greater than anything the Americans might have seen. The MacGyver Master Card commercial included.

Wow, ESPN and the entire media for the most part are all over the officiating from last night. I'm curious to see how the NFL reacts from this controversy. I've been an advocate for doing what FIFA does (I think they still do this) in putting an age cap on officials to assure they are athletic enough to do their job. I also, this is kind of idealist, wish that referees weren't so dependent on instant replay.

It proves he didn't land in the end zone, the official wasted like 4 or 5 seconds to make his call which means he didn't think Ben got in while he was airborne and got duped by Ben moving the ball when he landed. Is it really so hard to see the facts for what they were and admit the guy fucked up? Or is it more important to disagree with me because I'm the one on the side of the officials being a bunch of blind idiots?

There are about 50 different reports of bad officiating. Bill Parcells ripped the calls, every analyst on TV has ripped at least some of the calls, but hey I guess everyone in the world who thinks it was a poorly officiated game just don't like the Steelers or Seattle has a helluva lot more fans than the 80,000 that they get at home games. I mean every Super Bowl has that kind of uproar afterwards. . . oh wait they don't because this one was THAT bad.

I found this little bit interesting. I don't have any web links to back this up, but I do remember hearing this.

Around 5:30 or 6, before the game started, Sports Illustrated already had a webpage up for "Steelers Championship Package" at sisteelersoffer.com. Subscribe and you get a bunch of collectors items remembering the Steelers victory. As for the Seahawks, not only was there no offer for them, siseahawksoffer.com and siseattleoffer.com both ended up getting rediverted to the Steelers offer page.

Heard this on ESPN Radio, during the pre-game show.

I found this little bit interesting. I don't have any web links to back this up, but I do remember hearing this.

Around 5:30 or 6, before the game started, Sports Illustrated already had a webpage up for "Steelers Championship Package" at sisteelersoffer.com. Subscribe and you get a bunch of collectors items remembering the Steelers victory. As for the Seahawks, not only was there no offer for them, siseahawksoffer.com and siseattleoffer.com both ended up getting rediverted to the Steelers offer page.

Heard this on ESPN Radio, during the pre-game show.

I saw it too, but it's fake. The league had a championship package available for pre-order for both teams, and whichever team lost would have all its orders cancelled. So the pre-ordered Seahawk packages were cancelled, and all the Seahawk championship memorabilia was destroyed...well, most of it. There always seems to be a few shirts/hats leaking out. I remember seeing a shirt on eBay that would've been released if Carolina had won SB XXXVIII.

They actually take the clothing to third world countries apparently and give it away there. I remember a journalist writing about seeing a few brothers wearing "Buffalo Bills Super Bowl XXV Champions" shirts.

Edited by damshow

I won't pretend I understand all the rules of American Football, but when that ball hit the floor it wasn't over the line, or even on it. The only time it was over the line was when the Steelers Quarterback dragged it across the floor.

I cannot believe that none of the officials saw this in the replays. It was as clear as day.

I won't pretend I understand all the rules of American Football, but when that ball hit the floor it wasn't over the line, or even on it. The only time it was over the line was when the Steelers Quarterback dragged it across the floor.

I cannot believe that none of the officials saw this in the replays. It was as clear as day.

Guest The Rocket

4th Down. My bad. I knew it wasn't a 1st.

Either way.......there's NO WAY that was on the goal line....

While I'm thinking about it.....UK NFL fans.....is their regular NFL in the UK? And is there regular NFL that isn't on sky sports!?

First time I ever watched the superbowl live (and that's mainly because it airs at midnight, so this time I slept during the day and got all excited about it) But watching it at Dutch TV is just hilarious. They're constantly calling the wrong plays. They're answering stupid questions from viewers like: Why are there so many referees and why aren't the same teams in the superbowl every year like with soccer.

I really think Seattle got screwed on that p.i. that was a touchdown, could have made for a completely different game.

But when Randle El threw that pass to Ward I was jumping on the couch, that was awesome. All in all I thought it was a nice superbowl.

Oh and one other thing, living in Holland makes sure you never emet a lot of Football fans but the day after the superbowl I met a guy at my moms work that was from Pittsburgh, that was a coincedence. He was in total ecstacy about the win.

I watched Cold Pizza and 1st and 10 yesterday, and Woody and Skip were both ripping into the Steelers huge, which is fine with me, because I completely agree with them.

They mentioned Porter saying after the game that it was the beginning of a dynasty, and blew him off, saying that the Steelers were lucky to get there in the first place. Which is true.

They were talking about ranking all the Super Bowl winning teams, and said the Steelers belong near the bottom of the list. Woody went so far as to say that they belong next to the bottom, with only the Colts from Superbowl V being worse.

And finally, one of them (I'm pretty sure it was Skip) said the Steelers had the refs to thanks for being champions.

The Seahawks got screwed in that game bigtime by bad officiating, and there's no way the Steelers repeat next season because they aren't that good. I almost think the game was fixed, because the NFL hasn't said jack shit about the officiating, and they did admit there was a screw up by the officials (in the Colts' favor, mind you) during the Steelers' playoff game against the Colts. The officiating in the Super Bowl was a LOT worse than that game, and I dare any Steelers fan to deny it, when John Madden calls the refs on it during the game and several sports reporters and writers are talking about it the next day.

If anyone who is a Steelers fan reads this, I hope you enjoyed the game, because they won't be repeating. Even if Roethlisberger stays healthy the entire season and Bettis changes his mind about retiring.

Edited by GhostMachine