Sven to Quit after World Cup

lazy_arse

I've been a huge admirer of O'Neill since he managed to take Wycombe from nowhere into a safe midtable side in Division 2. He managed to turn Leicester into a reliable mid table premiership side and taking them to cup finals.

Even at Celtic he took them on one of their best runs (and they've noticed his absence imho) and got them to European finals which when you look at the general record of Scottish teams recently was a bloody miracle!

He'd do a good job with England who are a similar side to these teams (distinctly average) and might well take them to that level. Don't think he'd do it though. Only way to find out is to wait and see isn't it?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O'Neill is shit, what a statement, no substance to it, just that he is shit.

*Claps*

Martin O'Neill is a top class manager. He done great at Wycombe, he turned my club from a Division 1 side to a side that was one of the best in the Premiership for two to three years, he took us to two cups - and he done all this on a very small budget. Then he moved to Celtic (I wonder why you seem so bitter Kraig?) and done a good job with them, what was expected of him.

He has an ability to get players to play to their potential - and that's the clincher for me.

O'Neill's shit? Don't make me laugh.

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

Did I miss the queue to dump on what Kraigy said about Pearce, Jewell and O'Neill?

Damn....

Nay, go ahead. (Y)

Meh, it's all been said.

Jewell is doing great at a pretty poor club (and did good at Bradford when they were a naff club in the Premiership by at least keeping them up for one season with little or no money to use). Pearce has done great since he was made Man City manager, and has the kinda passion that England would be looking for in a manager. O'Neill has done class at 3 sides, but as some have said, it's probably the Rangers fan in Kraigy that makes him say O'Neill is shit, even though O'Neill won a bunch of Scottish cups and took Celtic to the UEFA Cup final.

Whether any of them 3 should be considered is arguable, but thier ability from what they have already done isn't really.

I know it's a big job and a great challenge but I just fail to see why most of the English candidates put forward would leave clubs that they are turning into Premiership 'outsiders', that is teams who are in that chasing pack behind the first four. Jewell, he's taken Wigan into the Premiership, got them peforming well above expectations and is two games away from a place in Europe. Allardyce has taken Bolton into Europe and Pearce at Man City was only one goal away from Europe last season. Why leave all that just to take a job where you're hounded at every turn by journalists and fans?

On the flip side though, Maclaren and Bruce are in percorius positions so maybe they'd be more willing to jump?

I know it's a big job and a great challenge but I just fail to see why most of the English candidates put forward would leave clubs that they are turning into Premiership 'outsiders', that is teams who are in that chasing pack behind the first four. Jewell, he's taken Wigan into the Premiership, got them peforming well above expectations and is two games away from a place in Europe. Allardyce has taken Bolton into Europe and Pearce at Man City was only one goal away from Europe last season. Why leave all that just to take a job where you're hounded at every turn by journalists and fans?

On the flip side though, Maclaren and Bruce are in percorius positions so maybe they'd be more willing to jump?

Whether he'd do it now or not, Allardyce said he'd love to be England manager at one point.

There's nobody out of the front runners I'd really like to see managing England. I don't think Jewell has the experience, particularly in how to handle and work with the bigger names. The same really applies to Allardyce, that and I think he'd be tempted to pick Bolton players that don't belong there (Nolan has a place in the squad, never the team, I think Allardyce would pick him). That and it's been reported the FA don't want him to have the job.

Pearce is the same case and McClaren would be an awful choice, I don't rate him as a manager in the slightest. I at least think we should get an English coach in, it'd boost the spirits of the nation at least. No idea who it should or will be though.

For fuck's sake. *burns the bandwagon*

And seriously Kraig, O'Neill, Pearce and Jewell are all quite good or at least off to a good start . Maybe not at the required level for such a big job but to say O'Neill was shit is quite blalently retarded. Oh wait, a bluenose? Ah.