Grammy 2006 Thread

tristy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That little 'Yesterday' number was nice.

... and about the Funk thing, I mean that he puts other people over like crazy and in doing so gets himself back out there. The man is constantly giving someone the rub.

Oh and Brooooooooooooooooooooooose! This is pretty much why I am watching tonight.

Edited by The Grifter

Am I the only one who has noticed a few backstage mistakes with the show? I've only watched for a total of 10 minutes (A bit at the beginning and just now) and you could hear the tech guys on screen during the first country performance of the night, the one after Madonna. Also, they played Mariah Carey instead of U2 when they just won their award.

Does anyone actually listen to U2?

I just remember listening to this interview with Bono when that album came out and it was just some of the dumbest shit ever uttered by a human being. Something to the effect of, "this wasn't the album we wanted. this was the album we were given. Sometimes God works in mysterious ways and you realize he's much smarter than us." What the fuck does that mean you pretentious douche?!

Edited by Zero

Kelly Clarkson had never won a Grammy before tonight. She was nominated in 2004 for Best Pop Vocal Performance - Female for "Miss Independent", but Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" won.

Maroon 5 won for a live version of "This Love" on a CD/DVD released in September, 2005, not the studio cut on the CD from June '02.

Edited by naiwf27

Kelly Clarkson had never won a Grammy before tonight. She was nominated in 2004 for Best Pop Vocal Performance - Female for "Miss Independent", but Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" won.

Am I the only one who has noticed a few backstage mistakes with the show? I've only watched for a total of 10 minutes (A bit at the beginning and just now) and you could hear the tech guys on screen during the first country performance of the night, the one after Madonna. Also, they played Mariah Carey instead of U2 when they just won their award.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised as the Grammys have always the biggest place of self serving bullshit ever seen....but U2's worst ever album?

I'm with Biggz this show should've been renamed "Let's blow Bono and who gives a fuck about music quality?"

I loved that Kelly won 2 grammy's, she's such a cutie, and has seperated herself from the Americon Idol to a legit singer to be respected. (A great singer too)

But honestly, who wants to watch best Contempary Folk Album be presented live, you know?

Me for one. I'm one of the minority that would prefer that than seeing Green Day or Kanye West.

U2 have been whored over all Irish news broadcasts today because of the grammys.

EDIT: Heh, I own both this last years and this years Grammy winners in The Contempary Folk Album catagory - Steve Earle's The Revolution Starts Now and John Prine's Fair&Square.

Edited by The Lonesome Hobo