The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

• Admin

Picked up a copy yesterday, and it's great fun.

Didn't realise I knew so many of the songs and just didn't recognise them by song name (Woman, Cherry Pie, Surrender etc.).

Must say though, my favourite to play at the moment is Message In A Bottle. Though I'm sure that will change as I unlock more!

Picked up a copy yesterday, and it's great fun.

Didn't realise I knew so many of the songs and just didn't recognise them by song name (Woman, Cherry Pie, Surrender etc.).

Must say though, my favourite to play at the moment is Message In A Bottle. Though I'm sure that will change as I unlock more!

I reiterate the Message In a Bottle love. It's one of my 'warm-up' songs, along with Search and Destroy and Heart-Shaped Box. Helps to keep my fingers from dying when I move on to the harder ones. >_>

Edited by stokeriño

working my way through medium right now, still trying to get a good rhythm going. Best song on med so far was Tattooed Love Boys, 4 star, 92% note hit, 82504 score and 105 note streak. I'm passing thourh med fine, but I have a feeling I'm gonna get my arse kicked when I try hard, heh

It's weird. I pretty much blasted through Easy and Medium and then ran into a brick wall at some track on Hard, 'Woman' I think. I completed the first 5 songs on Expert, even, but I can't beat that fucking solo. I think it shows that Hard is the point where you actually need to put in some practice and know the songs, rather than relying on sitting down and sigh-reading the notes.

When I'm playing songs on Expert and such (where "playing" is interchangeable with "surviving through"), I find it's best to wait until you're almost booed off the stage to use my star power as opposed to using it at the beginning of the tough part. That way you can do your best to survive through the beginning, and by the time you need to use star power, you're hopefully at least almost halfway through the solo, putting you in the clear for the rest of the song.

Edited by Venom

From PSU:

First Guitar Hero III band announced

News of Queens of the Stone age will no doubt be music to the ears of any fan, and theprp.com has revealed this week that the rock band will be featured in two upcoming PlayStation 3 games: Guitar Hero III and Rock Band. At the moment, it is unknown which songs will be included in each game.

Queens of the Stone age is not new to the Guitar Hero franchise, and has had their song, No One Knows, featured in the first game. The band will be releasing their next album in June this year.

Guitar Hero III is currently scheduled for a fall 2007 release, while a release window for Rock Band remains unconfirmed.