The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

So I just beat the drum career on hard. Really easy compared to Rock Band, overall. Only real challenges was Vicarious as I was still getting use to the blue/green placement on this drumset and Trapped Under Ice which I failed at 40% four times before passing it. Pull Me Under is ridiculously easy.

Drums on hard are basically like a stepped down from Rock Band hard drums. I think Eddie Ruckus said this when I asked how they were and I have to agree with that. They leave out a lot of bass hits. too. I'll give expert a try at some point to see if it is between hard/expert on Rock Band drums. But yeah, it's really easy but still fun to play.

Hearing La Bamba in a RB/GH game is odd. :shifty:

I've only tried the guitar once and I have trouble keeping up with Everlong on Rock Band on expert but on GH I can pass it without any real problems. I stopped there, though.

Edited by Fitzy

• 2 weeks later...

I hopped onto the Guitar Hero bandwagon a few games too late by picking up GH3 for £35 yesterday.

All I can say is it's phenomenally good, despite not being able to play that well (I kick ass on easy... but that's easy >_<)

I'm thinking of getting another game with my GameStation vouchers, and I'm stuck between picking up GH:WT or RB1. I've heard that the GH3 controller will work with both games but I'm not sure how reliable that information is.

WT has the whole familiarity aspect, and free downloads every once in a while

Rock Band has a few songs from GH3 but features Radiohead, Faith No More and the Pixies

So it's a kinda difficult choice... which I'll probably make once I grab the first one that hits *< £20 <_<

I hopped onto the Guitar Hero bandwagon a few games too late by picking up GH3 for £35 yesterday.

All I can say is it's phenomenally good, despite not being able to play that well (I kick ass on easy... but that's easy >_<)

I'm thinking of getting another game with my GameStation vouchers, and I'm stuck between picking up GH:WT or RB1. I've heard that the GH3 controller will work with both games but I'm not sure how reliable that information is.

Rock Band has a few songs from GH3 but features Radiohead, Faith No More and the Pixies

So it's a kinda difficult choice... which I'll probably make once I grab the first one that hits *< £20 <_<

http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

Wow, that was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

I'm with Dragsy. I think Rock Band is better than Guitar Hero now. I've bought every GH since the first one and I don't own Rock Band but I play it with my friends when they bring it over more than I play GH and enjoy it miles more than GH. It actually feels like musicians made the game, which is why I enjoy it more.