Madden 2007

Cole

Guest shibbycath

i rented this game today and i was impressed by the graphics but...it wasn't really great to play. i felt like i didn't have any control really. and not only that but...why couldn't i hear madden?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i rented this game today and i was impressed by the graphics but...it wasn't really great to play. i felt like i didn't have any control really. and not only that but...why couldn't i hear madden?

No control? No madden? sounds like you're playing superstar mode!

I'm actually thankful I don't have to hear Madden's repetitive and shitty commentary that always states the obvious. You should be thanking EA.

Edit:

Some impressions I get of the game is that it's fun, sure, but the fact that it was stripped down a bit isn't fun. I wanted to start a custom Franchise (where you draft the whole NFL), but couldn't and the lack of EA radio (unless I missed something) is pretty disappointing too.

Edited by Captain Jack SpaLLow

I had a good Superstar with my first RB one. I started out as a Steeler. I was back-up to Parker for the first half of the season until he went down with an injury. I got to about 90 OVR after that second half of the season and got the starting job. I re-signed with them and won 2 superbowls with them and an MVP award. I ended up becoming a free agent next signing period and going to the Colts. But apparently my price was bigger than Peytons and they ended up trading him. After 2 seasons with the Colts I get traded to Atlanta where I play alongside Mike Vick and win 3 superbowls, my final one being the year I retired. I ended as the #2 running back behind Curtis Martin in the HOF standings.

I just picked this up yesterday for the PS2, and I'm pretty impressed and am having fun with it. I may be impressed though because I haven't bought a Madden since 2002. I felt it was time to get back into it and at $40, I couldn't pass up. One thing I've noticed though, through 3 games into the regular season, I have 13 INTs. Playing as the Arizona Cardinals, I had 2 against Alex Smith, 5 against Matt Hasselbeck, and 6 against Marc Bulger. Is this normal?

Question about Madden 07:

Does it still have the shitty `can create custom playbooks, but can only use them with real teams in exhibition games, and can't use them with created teams in Franchise mode' deal going on?

Because that's the ONE thing I wanted changed from `06. Its stupid as hell that you can create your own team but have to use a real team's playbook. (Well, that and actual cheerleaders being on the sidelines in the game, but that's no big deal.....)

I'm loving the soundtrack to this game. EA always deliver a great list, but this year's is particularly awesome IMO.

So how are everyone's franchise/superstar games progressing? I'm currently in my second year with Dallas.

2006 - 0-2 start, but an 8 game post-bye win streak launched me to 8-2 and I finished 12-4. Lost Julius Jones with a broken collarbone against the 'Skins in game 2, but signed Stephen Davis who was very good as a replacement. The 'Skins got the divisional title, but both NFC wildcards went to the NFC East, me at 12-4 and the Eagles at 10-6. I beat the Bears in the wildcard, 34-0, but then lost the Falcons 31-19 in the divisionals. Bledsoe had a very inconsistent season, thought about trading for Matt Schaub, but decided to stick with the oldie for at least another year. Patriots beat the Redskins by 2 in the Super Bowl.

2007 - 0-3 pre-season start (Falcons, Broncos, Redskins) but a final game win against the Pats landed me at 1-3. I would have been 0-4 had it not been for the Pats' sillyness. They have the ball with less than 30 seconds left in their own red zone, up by 2, and me with no timeouts. A kneel would have won the game. Instead they throw it, complete but Roy Williams lays a big hit and forces a fumble, returns it for a few yards. Vanderjagt field goal wins it.

Started the regular season 3-0, comfortable wins over the Eagles (30-10) and Bucs (30-3) followed by a close victory over the Vikes (31-28, Vanderjagt FG as time expires, thank God they don't do that crappy camera angle for those now). My defense has been excellent thus far, Anthony Henry is an interception machine.

The computer's odd, though, there's been a couple of instances where I've got a takeaway which in the replay should clearly be overturned, but the CPU never challenges anything :ohwell:

Edit: Scratch that, my defense sucks - 150+ yards for Portis including an 82 yard TD run. Bledsoe was awesome, 28-42, 407, 4TDs but the defense just caved and we lost 31-35 :(

Edited by alldawson

I'm loving the soundtrack to this game. EA always deliver a great list, but this year's is particularly awesome IMO.

So how are everyone's franchise/superstar games progressing? I'm currently in my second year with Dallas.

2006 - 0-2 start, but an 8 game post-bye win streak launched me to 8-2 and I finished 12-4. Lost Julius Jones with a broken collarbone against the 'Skins in game 2, but signed Stephen Davis who was very good as a replacement. The 'Skins got the divisional title, but both NFC wildcards went to the NFC East, me at 12-4 and the Eagles at 10-6. I beat the Bears in the wildcard, 34-0, but then lost the Falcons 31-19 in the divisionals. Bledsoe had a very inconsistent season, thought about trading for Matt Schaub, but decided to stick with the oldie for at least another year. Patriots beat the Redskins by 2 in the Super Bowl.

2007 - 0-3 pre-season start (Falcons, Broncos, Redskins) but a final game win against the Pats landed me at 1-3. I would have been 0-4 had it not been for the Pats' sillyness. They have the ball with less than 30 seconds left in their own red zone, up by 2, and me with no timeouts. A kneel would have won the game. Instead they throw it, complete but Roy Williams lays a big hit and forces a fumble, returns it for a few yards. Vanderjagt field goal wins it.

Started the regular season 3-0, comfortable wins over the Eagles (30-10) and Bucs (30-3) followed by a close victory over the Vikes (31-28, Vanderjagt FG as time expires, thank God they don't do that crappy camera angle for those now). My defense has been excellent thus far, Anthony Henry is an interception machine.

The computer's odd, though, there's been a couple of instances where I've got a takeaway which in the replay should clearly be overturned, but the CPU never challenges anything :ohwell:

Edit: Scratch that, my defense sucks - 150+ yards for Portis including an 82 yard TD run. Bledsoe was awesome, 28-42, 407, 4TDs but the defense just caved and we lost 31-35 :(

150+ yards for Portis? Shit..thats nothin. I was playing against the Panthers as the Eagles. DeShaun Foster ran for about 200+ yards on like 14 carries, including 2 for 80+ yards and TDs

Because the Oakland Raiders story is temporarily on hiatus until after Crime Lord 2 finishes, I've decided to give Superstar mode another try, but not as a QB or a WR (the two positions I'd previously played). Result: Running back Gabriel Price finds himself drafted by Cleveland as their third-round pick, starting behind Reuben Droughns in the chart.

2006 - John Rodriguez gets drafted in the third round by the Detroit Lions to start over Jon Kitna. Somehow, someway, I managed to make him one of the better QB's in the year throwing for 40 TD's in the season. However, it wasn't all smelling the roses. We were lucky enough to end up 12-4 with many many many MANY close victories. I'm talking victories by 2-3 points. We won the first game, lost the next 3, won the next 5 games, lost the next, and then won the rest. The post-season wasn't as hard as expected, though. It seems the team was real confident to even get IN the play-offs even if it was the wildcard. We faced the Jaguars, which we won easily. Then we faced the Seahawks which was okay. Then faced the Ravens which would end up being the toughest game of all winning by a last second field goal (something we saw a lot this season). Finally, winning the Super Bowl as seemingly one of the biggest underdogs ever against a surpisingly easy Buffalo Bills.

We still got lots to improve on, so hopefully the coaches handle what they need to handle to have a good 07 season.

Wait wait wait... you took my Lions to the Super Bowl?!?!?! THANK YOU SO MUCH I AM HAPPY.

I live to please.

Edit: Besides, it's not that hard when you got decent enough receivers like Roy Williams, Scottie Vines, and Charles Rogers. Add Marcus Pollard as a decent enough TE for quick, short gains, and Kevin Jones able to run for at least 5 yards every 2 runs or so and you got a solid offense to work with.

Edited by Riding The LL Coaster

2006 - John Rodriguez gets drafted in the third round by the Detroit Lions to start over Jon Kitna. Somehow, someway, I managed to make him one of the better QB's in the year throwing for 40 TD's in the season. However, it wasn't all smelling the roses. We were lucky enough to end up 12-4 with many many many MANY close victories. I'm talking victories by 2-3 points. We won the first game, lost the next 3, won the next 5 games, lost the next, and then won the rest. The post-season wasn't as hard as expected, though. It seems the team was real confident to even get IN the play-offs even if it was the wildcard. We faced the Jaguars, which we won easily. Then we faced the Seahawks which was okay. Then faced the Ravens which would end up being the toughest game of all winning by a last second field goal (something we saw a lot this season). Finally, winning the Super Bowl as seemingly one of the biggest underdogs ever against a surpisingly easy Buffalo Bills.

We still got lots to improve on, so hopefully the coaches handle what they need to handle to have a good 07 season.

Your game is obviously screwed up. Not only did the Lions win the Super Bowl and the Bills make it to the Super Bowl, but you faced two AFC teams in the NFC playoffs? :P

Methinks LL might just be lying a little. My suspicions were first aroused by "40 TD's" with Detroit, then the figures "12-4", also with Detroit, then "won the next 5 games". And then, of course, there was a Buffalo/Detroit Superbowl, the thought of which makes me vomit a little.

I do not lie, sir. Name the evidence and I will show it.

Quick Edit: Also, why does it surprise you I went 12-4 with Detroit when you're slaughtering everyone with the RAIDERS? :P

To Dawson's question. Wow, I really don't know what's going on with the Jags/Ravens. It might be that I was trying to remember all the teams playing and mixed them up. I just really remember facing the Seahawks for the NFC Conference and the Bills at the Bowl.

I also remember the Ravens being the best team in the league, and it's a possibility of why I thought I faced them.

Whatever, I really can't remember right now.

I just started the 07 season. Went 1-3 in the Pre-Season. Not a good start for the reigning Super Bowl Underdog Champs.

Edited by Riding The LL Coaster

• 4 weeks later...

I hate playing on XBox live with this game. No matter what team I pick or play against two things happen; my offensive line doesn't do shit and I can't run or pass and my defense will just let people get open. I swear if it wasn't impossible I'd think people were cheating. I can beat the hell out of this game on All-Madden but for someone reason I can't beat anyone on XBox live. GRRRRRR.