The Best TV Show Going

Miami Vice

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

House was good for about half a season. Then it started becoming sameish with the same results each week. How did the producers counteract this? By turning the show into a fucking soap opera.

What is this House show all about? And what channel is it on?

Heh, I'm liking Scrubs. Just watched an episode on Sky Two, and it's pretty decent. I laughed a few times, that's what I like about shows. Anyone know what series Sky are currently showing? I know E4 are showing more up-to-date episodes.

EDIT: It's on season three. Not too bad, I can just buy the first two series.

Edited by Lost Soul

Lost Soul - House MD is a fantastic medical drama/soap from the US, starring Hugh Laurie (famous for Blackadder, the movie of Stuart Little, and the live-action 101 Dalmatians among others) and a damn stellar cast including the fantastic Omar Epps and the very good Robert Sean Leonard.

It focuses on Dr. Gregory House, head of Diagnostic Medicine at a hospital, who focuses on solving cases other doctors are baffled by. Imagine CSI with diseases and you're on the right lines.

What makes the show infinitely more watchable than that excellent premise is House himself. He basically has no bedside manner, is grouchy and sarcastic, and is generally a great big misanthrope with a CANE (!!!) because of his bum leg. He's amongst the best characters in television history, IMO.

House is, I think, probably the best thing to have ever been on television anywhere in the world. You will love it. It will consume your soul.

What makes the show infinitely more watchable than that excellent premise is House himself. He basically has no bedside manner, is grouchy and sarcastic, and is generally a great big misanthrope with a CANE (!!!) because of his bum leg. He's amongst the best characters in television history, IMO.

The problem is, Ted Danson (Becker) and John C. McGinley (Scrubs) had already played grouchy, sarcastic, bedside manner-less doctors, albeit in comedy shows.

Yeah, but House sleeps with hookers.

Insta-win.

Smallville

The O.C.

House

South Park

Family Guy

Lost

It's a 7 way tie :P

House, to be fair, is funnier than Becker.

I hate Ted Danson.

It's not funnier than Scrubs, but these days McGinley is getting a bit stale so House has it for me ATM. House could go the same way, but right now he's head-and-shoulders above Dr. Cox, as he's in a show that is always stellar, not a hit-or-miss show riding on its past brilliance.