Eurovision Song Contest 2006

TheArsenal

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I threw a tape in Satdy to try and catch Lordi, saw it, was vaguely amused. But Lordi were vastly out-comedied by Lithuania.

Come on, they were booed onto the stage, the guy with the beard was the cockiest bloke in the world (watch his finger!) and just when it was seeming to get a bit dull they unleashed baldy dancer. Quite how people could vote for Lordi after that is beyond me.

Addendum: I'm convinced Daz is my old paedo tech teacher dressed as Ali G. Politics had nothing to do with it, that was fucking shit.

It's always good to watch the "polical defeat" arguement come out though since everyone knows it's not true. If it were political then the same nation would win every year surely?

Every year the "best" song wins over all and I think Finland with there 2 borders caused an upset. Although the only reason it's an "upset" is because people bought the "satan worshipers" story...

Gotta love Wogan though, he tries to be clever with the political thing these days and gets more and more wrong each year (Y)

But Scandinavian countries always score highly with each other, the Baltic countires always score highly with each other. Greece always get a high score from Cyprus. There is plenty vidence of political voting.

Great example being the year after the UK invaded Iraq, they got 0 points. Ok, the song was crap that year, but not that bad.

No. You're wrong.

There is political voting, and every year each country votes for its bordering countries in the top 3 votes, leaving the rest of the votes for the other acts to fight over the rest of the points, bands like Lordi win because they were the best there, but they didn't get all the 12 points, they got a few of them from surrounding countries and countries like England (with Ireland, our bordering country getting the 10 points).

It is political voting, but that doesn't mean the same country should win every year.

If it was the person on the stage who actually went out and killed all those englishman/whoevermen with their own hands instead of singing a song on an entertainment show, no. I most certainly wouldn't.

Would you care to explain how countries then vote for countries who committed heinous war crimes on populations get points off their neighbours? I wouldn't give 12 points to people who commited genocide against my nation would you?

Edited by TheArsenal

So wait...if there isn't political voting, are you telling me that Estonia constantly thinks Latvia or Lithuania's songs are the best? Or the Scandanavian countries always think one of their own has the best song?

I'm not saying people win purely on the political voting, but to say there isn't any seems to fly in the face of who those kinda countries vote for each year. If it wasn't every year, fair enough, but it seems to be.

And read what Kaney said.

Edited by HGwannabe

So wait...if there isn't political voting, are you telling me that Estonia constantly thinks Latvia or Lithuania's songs are the best? Or the Scandanavian countries always think one of their own has the best song?

I'm not saying people win purely on the political voting, but to say there isn't any seems to fly in the face of who those kinda countries vote for each year. If it wasn't every year, fair enough, but it seems to be.

And read what Kaney said.

Would you care to explain how countries then vote for countries who committed heinous war crimes on populations get points off their neighbours? I wouldn't give 12 points to people who commited genocide against my nation would you?

Because we don't live in 1946. And diplomacy has moved on somewhat since then.