Eurovision Song Contest 2006

TheArsenal

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wogan confused me, mainly because I don't remember ever seeing a sole commentator that openly mocked and criticised their own product. Most presenters try to polish a turd, whereas Wogan ripped the turds to shred, and shit on the passable stuff too.

I love Wogan dearly, but I don't think he was up to form tonight, unfortunately. Lordi, however, owned. They're a GWAR rip-off, yes, but a bloody good one. And when it showed them backstage holding a piece of paper with "We (heart) You" written on it, I nearly cried with laughter.

Lordi, however, owned. They're a GWAR rip-off, yes, but a bloody good one.

Besides the customes I wouldn't really class them with GWAR. This coming from a huge GWAR fan I might add.

That said, I would gladly pay someone else's hard-earned money to catch a Gwar/Lodi show. I'd bow down in worship if Lordi opted to cover a certain song about animals.

I thought Liuthuania's was hi-larious.

And France's was one of the worst -due to it being exceptionally boring. Ireland had a better slow song than France.

heh, I liked Wogan's comment about France.

"To be honest, I think they don't care anymore. They're just upset because the whole competition isn't done in French."

And I will not accept any Wogan-hating! Can you imagine if it was commentated by, say, Ant & Dec or something? Wogan's cynicism is what makes the whole thing even remotely watchable.

Wogan got a bit out of sorts near the end "Portugal never gave 12 points to Spain so will Spain give them 12 or not?"

I'm guessing no since they weren't in it ¬_¬.

Bosnia & Herzegovina are overrated too, but they have a cool name.

It was only a matter of time. We all saw it coming. I knew it. Lordi has once again made history. The finnish announcers went kinda hectic by the time when five countries were left or so. I mean, last year we got 0 points, this year 292?!? Unbelievable. Not even Russia could hold us down. 40 years and we FINALLY have won the Eurovision song contest. Yayzers. Incredible amount of wootness.

Lordi > Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick. If I may suggest, next year Finland should be represented by Pikku G or Turmion kätilöt. Though you'd had to call them 'Turmion katilot', kinda would take away the awesomeness reeking from this band.