Bands YOU underate?

Liam

This is different to the usual "which bands do you think are underated?" type topics.

What I want to know is what bands in your own opinion do you underate? I mean, I have a lot of CD's and tracks on my computer, but when I go through phases with certain bands, you kinda push some of your favourites to the back, only to realise how much you like them when they come back into your circulation. Bands that you like, but perhaps don't realise how much so, to some extent.

I dunno if that is worded great, but oh well :P

My first example is Ash, who I seem to overlook quite often when digging through my CD's, yet their CD's are about as good an example of pop tunes in rock gets. Their best of especially is an awesome listen, and a CD that I should dig out more often.

Opeth is probably my next example, due to them getting relatively little airplay next to bands that I fall in and out of love with, yet when I do listen to them again, I realise why I hold them in such high regard.

I had some others, which I forgot at the moment.

But yeah, over to you...

Angels & Airwaves. When I'm not listening to them, I think of them as a Blink-182 spinoff band, but when I do the songs blow me away. They're a good rock band that make some epic-like songs.

Pearl Jam. Not a band I go apeshit over, but when I put one of their albums into my CD player, I remember why I do like them.

Stone Temple Pilots as well, odd since they were once labeled the Pearl Jam clones. I go through phases where I have to listen to the first three albums on a constant basis.

Jimmy Eat World, I do mention them quite a bit, but I don't really 'spread the word' like I do with other bands, and yet they have one of my favourite albums of all time.

Also, Spineshank, I have every album and love them, they're one of few metal bands I can 100% get into, but I always forget them.

I honestly overlook a Hell of a lot of stuff, so...

Nirvana, haven't listened to them in ages.

Rage Against the Machine, another solid band I just seem to forget about.

Acoustic-era Bob Dylan, those albums get basically no play on my CD player which is odd because I usually listen to a Dylan album at least once a day. I'm just a sucker for Blonde on Blonde.

Dr. Dre, never gets a look in anymore if I'm in a hip-hop mood.

The Libertines, totally forgotten despite some great songwriting and hummable tunes.

Ash, same reasons as Liam really.

Goldfrapp, kinda been overtaken by my recent discovery of how Girls Aloud are actually good. Same with Gwen Stefani, GA are the only girl band that get on my CD player anymore.

Creedence Clearwater Revival. They're good. They're very good indeed. I wish I owned their stuff. I just can't bring myself to walk into a record store and buy one of their albums. What if somebody sees me?

The Ramones immediately come to mind for me. They were one of the first groups that opened the flood gates of punk for me, and somehow I refrain from suggesting them to others. It's possible that I don't often suggest them because they are widely known, and I expect people to already know about them. Even still, when I think of great bands that I like, they don't often pop into my mind. It's when I listen to their albums that I realize that they really are a great band. I realize that I'm still a big fan of them, and that their albums still bring a ton of energy and primitive rock to the table.

Guest Josef Stallion

Well for me it used to be Pearl Jam, 'til I downloaded Alive, Even Flow, and Daughter and it reminded me how much they stomp testicles. I would have to say I underrate Nirvana as the only song I really listened to a lot was Smells Like Teen Spirit. Throw Metallica up there too as I haven't listened to them in ages..

10 Years - I often don't listen to them much, but when I do, I can't help but love them.

Mudvayne - Their old stuff to be exact. Their new stuff is quite dull after hearing it so many times. It sucks that my friend is a big Mudvayne fan and plays it alot, otherwise I probably wouldn't be worn out on them.

Story Of The Year. I write them off as total shite..yet I liked their second album (And the band themselves have openly come out and blasted their debut effort). A mate was going on about them and I said "They're shite"...he turned to me and said "You got me to listen to them"...and I suddenly remembered, "Oh yeah, I do like them". Their first album has 1 or 2 catchy songs on there, but is pretty much piss poor overall, but their second album is good. I don't listen to it much (Been a few months since I last listened to it) but it's an entertaining enough listen when I do.

Story Of The Year. I write them off as total shite..yet I liked their second album (And the band themselves have openly come out and blasted their debut effort). A mate was going on about them and I said "They're shite"...he turned to me and said "You got me to listen to them"...and I suddenly remembered, "Oh yeah, I do like them". Their first album has 1 or 2 catchy songs on there, but is pretty much piss poor overall, but their second album is good. I don't listen to it much (Been a few months since I last listened to it) but it's an entertaining enough listen when I do.