World Cup 2006

Dan

I don't hate Ze Germans. Always found 'em very nice and welcoming every time I've been there, on holiday and on school trips/exchanges and whatever. Plus, I wasn't alive in 1945 so bear them no ridiculous ill will. At least when they beat us at football, they do it fairly. Plus my best friend is German, so yeah.

So yeah, come on Germany. They've been the most impressive team in this tournament by far. I couldn't give a shit about any of the other teams now, except to hope that whoever faces Portugal put the fucking studs in. Let's see how Ronaldo likes it when somebody stamps on his crotch.

He had like ten Portugal players charging at him begging for him to be sent off, how the heck would you feel if that happened to you? He had every right to be pissed off

Perhaps it's easier when you're not in the heat of battle, but if a bunch of people are being jackasses and calling for your head on a silver platter, _walk away_. Just let them act like complete morons while you continue to do whatever you can to lower the tension. The LAST thing you should do is get into a machismo contest with them.

There's an old saying in US sports: "They always catch the second foul." Rooney did the worst thing humanly possible when he retaliated.

And as an old saying goes, nobody cares what US Sports say when it comes down to football.

Never heard that one before.

Yea Ronaldo to Madrid I think.

He had like ten Portugal players charging at him begging for him to be sent off, how the heck would you feel if that happened to you? He had every right to be pissed off

Perhaps it's easier when you're not in the heat of battle, but if a bunch of people are being jackasses and calling for your head on a silver platter, _walk away_. Just let them act like complete morons while you continue to do whatever you can to lower the tension. The LAST thing you should do is get into a machismo contest with them.

There's an old saying in US sports: "They always catch the second foul." Rooney did the worst thing humanly possible when he retaliated.

And as an old saying goes, nobody cares what US Sports say when it comes down to football.

Never heard that one before.

I'm a bit tired, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Why is there such resentment for Germany (well, their football team), from England fans? Is it just because of 61 years ago? Or is it just a general football rivalry sparking from many a great match? Or is there something else?

The Glaziers could do an 'Ahn' but they probably wouldn't care about how England did. If anything they'd be more liable to move out someone who was a Czech, Italian or Ghanaian.

And SSTB, try two world wars. <_<

Edited by King ROOOOOOOONEY!

That wink! That wink! He must be destroyed!

I must stand up and salute Hargreaves and Crouch though. Fair play lads, you proved your places in the squad today.

We tackled like men, fought like we cared and didin't roll around like greasy mediterrainean girlie-boys.

I'm a bit tired, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Why is there such resentment for Germany (well, their football team), from England fans? Is it just because of 61 years ago? Or is it just a general football rivalry sparking from many a great match? Or is there something else?

It's all to do with the wars, but let's be honest; Argentina, France (and now) Portugal are bigger rivals.

I don't mind the Germans. They're more 'comedy' enemies than actually hated.