Battle Royal: American

Pepsi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, they're remaking Seven Samurai as a Samurai film?

Without Kurasawa or Mifune?! Bwahahahahahaha its gonna be the worst remake ever!

Seven Samurai may well be the greatest film ever and the only film that a remake would upset me more than Battle Royale....

Just as well it's the World Cup right now to keep me happy.

And Be, yeah we need to get some execs to read EWB Battle Royale IV!

This is how I see it.

Plot Sypnosis:

44 twentysomethings are sent away to an island in a time in the near future where America is ran by a totalitarian government. This is a game called Battle Royal(No 'e' necesary), where these kids will be sent to kill eachother with an assortment of weapons.

This movie stars Paris Hilton, Lil Bow Wow, Ryan Renolds, Someone who stars in Lost, Anna Faris, Snoop Dogg, Method Man & Redman, Beavis and Butthead, Ren and Stimpy, and Mekhi Phifer.

The epic romantic horror comedy will make you laugh your ass off aswell as piss yourself while laughing still at the poor attempts to horrify you. If you liked cheesy american remakes of classic japenese films which insulted the originals such as The Ring and The Grudge, You'll love this!

But if you are a hardcore fan of the original Japenese version and have been involved in an online Roleplay of some sort, then I advise you to go and see this anyway, because you'll hate it and we'll still get loads of money.

12/10- I haven't seen the original and am 8 years old so I liked it, especially the scene in which Paris Hilton and Lil Bow Wow havea pointless sex scene in a treehouse they build out of supplies from their backpacks.

Edited by I-Will-Rule-You

The problem I have is that I wouldn't mind an American remake of Battle Royal but if it was only done as something other then MTV Presents Battle Royal. I just saw this movie called Hard Candy and I said to my boyfriend that David Slade, the directer, would be a really interesting choice to make it. I'd love it if some indie directer like a David Slade or an Eli Roth or even a Wayne Kramer, who did Running Scared, would make it as they'd add a style as well as a substance. As opposed to what it is probably destined to become, a music video directer who only knows how to put semi naked women in the frame grinding against a SUV.

The article seems pretty non-descript. And you can't entirely count out New Line either, at least you're guaranteed some good gore. And extreme violence is in right now: Hostel, High Tension, Saw, etc. Will it suck? Probably, but I wouldn't expect it to be watered down, but I'm unfamiliar with Battle Royal, so I don't know what the violence level is like.

I'm far from the expert on all things Japanese, but I still don't get why people think Ringu is better than the Ring. I found Ringu to be one of the most boring movies I've ever seen, while the Ring terrified me. I think we can all agree the Ring 2 sucked ass though.

The problem I have is that I wouldn't mind an American remake of Battle Royal but if it was only done as something other then MTV Presents Battle Royal. I just saw this movie called Hard Candy and I said to my boyfriend that David Slade, the directer, would be a really interesting choice to make it. I'd love it if some indie directer like a David Slade or an Eli Roth or even a Wayne Kramer, who did Running Scared, would make it as they'd add a style as well as a substance. As opposed to what it is probably destined to become, a music video directer who only knows how to put semi naked women in the frame grinding against a SUV.

Don't WANT extreme violence in BR films. Just enough to get the job done correctly.

Directors should stop going out of their way for gore in films where story should be more important.

The BR film is hardly the most gory, violent or grusome film ever meant. It's not really a horror, more a black comedy and social exploration.

The gore isn't the main part of Battle Royale that I'm expecting to be watered down, it's the black comedy that New Line will probably get completely wrong, the premise will not be the same, as I can't see an American film about school children killing each other being allowed, and the sheer beauty of the original film is just not going to translate well, looking at New Line's track record.

Battle Royale is one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen, the cinematography, the characterisation, the juxtaposition, the dialogue, the comedy, the music, it all ties in perfectly to make a fantastic, one-of-a-kind film. Is it possible to replicate that? In theory, yes. In practice, and by New Line Cinema? Almost certainly not.

Wayne Kramer doing it? My God, it'd be MORE MTV style if they did that.

Wayne Kramer doing it? My God, it'd be MORE MTV style if they did that.

If they wanted to do it MTV style, they should simply use a few people from MTV shows and film the movie as if its clips from a reality tv show:

Xhibit, standing over a dead person with a skinning knife in hand: "Hi. I'm Xhibit. Just a few seconds ago, I killed this punk. And now, I'm about to get real. I'm about to.....Pimp His Hide!"

(Big Dayne and Mad Mike appear and hold up the corpse for Xhibit to start skinning. The camera shows the victim's face, and its Puck!!!)

(Y)

I'm far from the expert on all things Japanese, but I still don't get why people think Ringu is better than the Ring. I found Ringu to be one of the most boring movies I've ever seen, while the Ring terrified me. I think we can all agree the Ring 2 sucked ass though.

Which did you see first? The one that people see first seems to more often than not be the preferred choice (although that isn't always true, naturally). I saw Ringu first and much prefer Ringu, although Ring the remake isn't too bad.

Is it sad that I actually liked half the movies that are listed in the Directors Filmography?

And I for one look forward to seeing this. It might be remade into a shitty version of the original but it can't be any worse than BRII, right?

right?