The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

... part of me wonders just how many people DID read Cable and Deadpool for Cable. I know that when I was buying the title I was buying it for Deadpool and Deadpool only.

As long as Deadpool gets another starring role in a comic, I'm not bothered. Cable and Deadpool kinda lost it's focus after the first couple arcs. Instead of being Cable And Deadpool, it was sometimes Cable and sometimes Deadpool and sometimes Both. I'd love to see a Deadpool led Agency X title.

Edit after reading GoGo's post: In the beginning, particularly while Cable was building his little utopia island, and while he was near-omnipotent, I thought Cable was a great character, and he and Deadpool played well with each other. Then he ran off and got elected to a European nation, and then he joined the X-Men again, and it's been all Deadpool for me since then.

Edited by Fanku Kaibutsu

He's back

The new look is awesome. Love the idea of having a gun and knife mixing the old school elements with the very modern looking new costume. No idea whos going to be behind the mask though, ideas anybody?

I think it'd be great if they don't actually reveal who he is for 6-12 months, providing whoever it is would turn out to be a real shocker.

He's back

The new look is awesome. Love the idea of having a gun and knife mixing the old school elements with the very modern looking new costume. No idea whos going to be behind the mask though, ideas anybody?

I think it'd be great if they don't actually reveal who he is for 6-12 months, providing whoever it is would turn out to be a real shocker.

I am quite sure its going to be Winter Soldier, as in Punisher's War Journel's, he tried to take up the mantle of Captain America but I believe he was attacked by both Winter Soldier and Bucky (I think, I hadn't read it in a long time.) So I am pretty sure Punisher said screw this, but I would love it if he really did take up the mantle of Captain America, but I think they should just make a completely new person to do it.

I think the first issue came out already and it was all about this guy in Afganistan who sees Cap. Cap is alive and hooked up to some life support thing at the end so it could still quite possibly Steve Rogers. Apperantly, Captain America is immune to death. Sweet.

I am quite sure its going to be Winter Soldier, as in Punisher's War Journel's, he tried to take up the mantle of Captain America but I believe he was attacked by both Winter Soldier and Bucky (I think, I hadn't read it in a long time.) So I am pretty sure Punisher said screw this, but I would love it if he really did take up the mantle of Captain America, but I think they should just make a completely new person to do it.

I think the first issue came out already and it was all about this guy in Afganistan who sees Cap. Cap is alive and hooked up to some life support thing at the end so it could still quite possibly Steve Rogers. Apperantly, Captain America is immune to death. Sweet.

TRS, that isn't what "The Chosen" is, it's not in continuity, it's Cap's version of Marvels "The End" series, possible endings for characters, it was originally known as "The End" until they decided to kill Cap.

I would probably choose Sharon to play Cap if she weren't now seemingly incapacitated for the forseeable future, but I'm MORE than happy to see Bucky take the dregs, which, judging from the costume for the new Cap, looks like all but confirmed.

Somebody in the Fallen Son series said that they weren't going to do it and I can't for the life of me remember if it was Falcon or Bucky who said it. Anybody else read the series besides me?

I still wish it would be The Punisher, him dressed in the red white and blue with the skulls was pretty BAMF in its own right.

Quick question, has World War Hulk 5 come out yet, I am a bit behind on my comics due to working all the damn time now.

If Cap is packing weapons other than the shield, I can only think of about three candidates, and one doesn't make sense:

1. USAgent becomes Captain America again. If this happens, I will be dropping the title so fast it'll make people's head spin. If John Walker ever so much as dresses up as Cap again, I want the next page to show him with a bullet in his skull......

2. Winter Soldier, aka Bucky, is the most obvious choice. He uses weapons and would be a much more dangerous Captain America than either John Walker or Steve Rogers. While Steve once regretted having to kill an ULTIMATUM member because his shield was on the other side of the room and an uzi was the only thing close he could grab to stop the terrorist from killing an innocent hostage, Bucky wouldn't even think twice.

3. Nick Fury. Fury had to go underground and does have the combat training. Before anyone says anything about the eyepatch, Fury actually does have two eyes (the godawful movie with the Hoff as Fury got it wrong) - he's just almost blind in that eye.

I'll let you figure out which one doesn't make sense. (hint: it ain't numba 2!)

If I was the writer, I would do a swerve and turn out to be an LMD released by Stark in the new costume, only for Winter Soldier to secretly take it out and take over as Cap without anyone knowing it.

And don't even get me started on how much the new costume design sucks. Alex Ross blew it big time.

Edited by GhostMachine

Ultimate Spiderman is a good series, although Im at volume 7 now and Im getting a little bored with it to be honest.

I would wholeheartedly recommend The Ultimates and The Ultimates 2... by far the best Ultimate lines in my opinion. Ultimate X-Men is also awesome, at volume 8 of that and its yet to loose a step.

Ultimate X-Men volumes 1-3 are excellent, four is ok, 5 is good, 6 is dire, 7 is decent, 8 is poor, 9 is good, ten is weak and after that don't even bother.

Trouble King - I suggest you check out some of the recomendations and the lists of what we're currently reading from a few pages back.

Theres quite a few decent priced comic dealers on EBAY worth a look. Pretty easy to find, so I wont bother finsing a link. If you weren't restricted to PayPal, I'd say Amazon is a great place.

And to timmay I actually thought the only crappy volume of Ultimate X-Men was 5 (Ultimate War) which wasnt that bad, as it did a good job of setting up Return Of The King which was one of the best.