The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Anyone here reading Hulk? Is it me, or is this book one big steaming pile of shit?

Its not just you. Over at another board I go to a lot of people think the writing has gotten idiotic and the Red Hulk is being written as waaaaay overpowered.

Anyone here reading Hulk? Is it me, or is this book one big steaming pile of shit?

Its not just you. Over at another board I go to a lot of people think the writing has gotten idiotic and the Red Hulk is being written as waaaaay overpowered.

True.

He beat the Green Hulk and Thor within what? 5 minutes? Oh, yeah. He also lifted Mjolnir and went to the moon carrying Thor with one leap.
How's that for overpowered?

Anyone here reading The Ultimates 3? How's it going/is it finished & is it worth picking up the rest of the issues? I didn't mind the first 2 Ultimates and the first chapter of Ultimates 3 and I'm wondering if it's worth ordering up the rest of it (Y)

True.

He beat the Green Hulk and Thor within what? 5 minutes? Oh, yeah. He also lifted Mjolnir and went to the moon carrying Thor with one leap.

That's exactly why they hate the comic right now. Please tell me its not true that

He even punched out a Watcher
?! (could have sworn I read that he did that somewhere)

I'm also not too fond that they went back to the stupid green Hulk personality and A-Bomb is just.....dumb.

True.

That's exactly why they hate the comic right now. Please tell me its not true that

He even punched out a Watcher
?! (could have sworn I read that he did that somewhere)

I'm also not too fond that they went back to the stupid green Hulk personality and A-Bomb is just.....dumb.

What, you mean

Y2Johnny-00405.jpg

and

Y2Johnny-006.jpg

?

Yeah, I'm trying to forget that ever happened.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

Ugh.

You know what I hope happens to wrap this Red Hulk stuff up? Red Hulk vs. Sentry in a fight to the death....and they both end up dying!

Oh yeah, that reminds me. In the latest issue,

Iron Man gathered up some heavy hitters to go after the Red Hulk. Heavy hitters, meaning Green Hulk, She-Hulk, Ares, Human Torch, Namor, and the Thing. Now, why didn't he get the Sentry? I mean, if we're gonna have a heavy-hitting team, I know I surely would pick up the most powerful hero of them all, who just so happens to be a freakin' registered Avenger. It's understandable that Thor wouldn't be picked, he's still in the moon (and I mean, come on, in his book he's shown to be much more powerful than he ever was and gets his ass kicked in a few minutes). But another thing about this team. Wasn't Namor supposed to be kind of "at war" with the surface world? Or at least sworn off contact between the surface world and the underwater world? Why is he helping Iron Man?

Ugh, Jeph Loeb is ruining every comic he touches. He's also writing nonsensical crap on the Ultimates, screwing up everything Millar did to make the Ultimates seem realistic and just making them into your typical superhero team, and now this crap. Just... ugh.

EDIT: Kazarian, I really recommend you to not touch the Ultimates, as you probably realized from this little rant :P

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

Loeb is truly awful. I honestly can't remember the last comic he wrote that I actually enjoyed.

Besides the thing I mentioned before (which I wish JLH hadn't posted pictures of - made me want to puke), the other thing people are bringing up are what happened with Mjolnir.

No one who isn't worthy can lift the hammer, and being in outer space wouldn't get around that. I don't care if you're physically the strongest being in all existence, if you aren't worthy you are NOT going to lift that hammer, and there's absolutely no way Red Hulk is worthy. Its an enchanment, and gravity (or lack of) doesn't have a gd thing to do with it.

Someone else pointed out that there was once a story where Thor threw Mjolnir at GHost Rider and GR simply drove away as fast as possible on his motorcycle until the hammer reached its limit and started to return to Thor, then reversed and grabbed the handle, using the momentum of Mjolnir against Thor by delivering a haymaker when they returned to him. That I can almost buy. Almost, because he wasn't actually trying to wield it or hold onto it as a weapon....or to prevent Thor from holding it.....in an actual fight.

Loeb has seriously case of uber-fetish.

Edited by GhostMachine

Besides the thing I mentioned before (which I wish JLH hadn't posted pictures of - made me want to puke)

I live to serve :lol:

Anyway, I really like the Hulk, and I'm willing to wait until Loeb stops writing the book, but it's becoming more and more unbearable with each issue. Same with the Ultimates. Millar did a splendid job of making the characters human and now Loeb is just making them a hero cliché. Things that pissed me off, for instance, include

while in Millar's Ultimates, the relationship between Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch was hinted at, but just left enough room for doubt, in Loeb's book Wasp, who's no longer Asian-American and looks exactly like 616 Wasp, by the way, comes out and says they're in a relationship. Then Wolverine comes along and says he got it on with their mother. And the pointless cameos just for the sake of having a fight... Where did Venom come from in the 1st issue? Why was there a pointless fight between Spider-Man and Hawkeye in the 2nd? Why did the Brotherhood attack them? Why the hell did Sabretooth channel DX and yelled "Suck it" out at Cap? Why is Pyro with the Brotherhood? Wasn't he a good guy, with the X-Men? And why is Valkyrie with the team, besides for giving just some fan-service? IIRC, she was with the Defenders, didn't have powers and slept with Hank Pym. Now she's powerful and sleeping with Thor, who speaketh liketh thiseth.

Urgh. My posts are becoming more and more like rants, but for Christ's sake, Loeb, STOP WRITING.

Well fuck, my local Chapters is messed... they have a lot of portions but not a lot of completes... I guess I'll just return it and buy Planet Hulk.

Planet Hulk is worth all 4 volumes of Age of Apocalypse (and Age of Apocalypse ain't bad). It is the only story that got me to full on mark out for the Hulk.

So what does Marvel do? They let Greg Pak have Jercules and relaunch Hulk with some shit-ball Red Hulk and Jeph Loeb writing some of the worst fanboy drek ever. And what happens? The Incredible Hercules ends up being a thoroughly enjoyable book. I don't think Pak gets enough credit and got slagged too harshly for the World War Hulk anticlimax. That felt like booking that was pushed upon him rather than a plotline he proposed.[/rant]