The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

According to the Deadpool Bugle website, it's supposed to be a spoof of the Green Lantern. There's Deadpool, Lady Deadpool, Kidpool, Dogpool and Headpool.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0LhEeWdzFN8/StexcBHDyAI/AAAAAAAABnw/ByxEmDsrc3A/s1600-h/deadpoolcorps.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an on-again, off-again interest in regular comic reading. I love the idea, in theory, but I stick mostly to TPBs. I've never been a big reader of monthly titles; there are just so many, and they're all being released so constantly. It's too much to process for a newbie, I think. I was reading Batman, Detective Comics, and Robin, for some time. I want to catch up from where I left off on those, and I'm doing that now. But, I also want to branch out into some Marvel titles, as well as maybe some Superman, and any decent Batman titles I'm not reading. Batman and his entourage alone seem to have, like, 10 regular books, though.

I find it impossible to keep up with this stuff. I guess my question is, what are some decent news sites, preferably with RSS feeds and release schedules, that I can start following to get my finger on the pulse a bit better?

I have been rewatching my Buffy and Angel DVDs as of late, currently on Season 5 of Buffy and Season 2 of Angel, and I was thinking of getting the trades for Buffy Season 8 and Angel After The Fall. The question I have is pretty simple, as I know there are a metric shit ton of Whedonverse fans here at EWB I pose to any of you are the comics worth it? I've read mainly pretty good reviews, but I was unsure if they were worth my time and money. Also, the Buffy stuff is pretty straightforward, all of the S8 stuff is easily collected, but over at IDW there is a lot of Angel related stuff. Obviously anything marked "After The Fall" I know would be buys, but what about the assorted Spike trades, and there are upcoming minis I see featuring Gunn and Illyria and the like as well. Any help and thoughts....

The Buffy one's are totally worth it. I've got the first 8 or 10 issues in the graphic novels #1 and #2. I've asked for the other for Christmas. The art is really good and the writing is still top notch. They can just do what they couldn't do on television. I don't know about Angel, I want to watch the series before I tried to comics. But the Buffy stuff is really good quality.

• 1 month later...

I just finished reading "The Dark Knight Returns" because I was trying to get into comics and heard that it was good. Well , it was and my interest is getting bigger and bigger. I'm currently thinking about picking up Watchmen as well as Batman: Year One.You guys have any other recommendations for a beginner in the comic world? I'd like to have Collected Editions at first , because it's easier for me to get them.Besides that , you're free to recommend basically everything.Thanks :rolleyes:

Batman Year One is good, I got that for Christmas; thought it was pretty good so I think you'll enjoy that one.

Reading through stuff I got for Christmas, I can reccomend the Buffy comics enough. I adored the series and the graphic novels just keep getting better and better.

At the moment I'm reading The Boys, which, while odd and different, is pretty entertaining.

I'm not going to say who it is, but CBR and Dark Horse Comics spoiled the reveal of who Twilight is in the Buffy Comics this week. Which is like 3 months before the comic book comes out. I hope to god it's a false reveal, like they did with Obama, because if not that's a shitty fucking thing to do.