The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

If nowhere sells them in trade, does anyone know of any websites that have them uploaded? I remembered about them the other week and asked my mum if she still had them in the attic since she hoards everything. But turns out she sold them for a sizeable sum on eBay since I had the entire run >_<

There is (or at least) was a website out there that had most issues of Sonic The Comic uploaded - I'm pretty sure I've got it bookmarked, so when I get home I'll have a look for you.

Oh, and Kirkland, I was fairly disappointed with Captain America Reborn. Just saying.

It's not great, no. It struck me as one of those factitious arcs that are created to set up something else rather than be of much inherent quality. In this case, setting a few things up for their next Big Idea, i.e. the Heroic Age. But then the whole Captain America series has stumbled around uncertainly since they made Bucky the new Cap. I like Bucky, but he hasn't had much great stuff to do.

I did enjoy Rogers' reaction after coming back.

"Wait...NORMAN OSBORN has AVENGERS?!"

It's a good question, Steve. -_-

Cap has always been my favorite Superhero behind Batman and Spiderman so I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of it.

Cap has always been my favorite Superhero behind Batman and Spiderman so I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of it.

Oh, its a decent enough read, but the retcon of Cap having a lame helmet with the A stenciled on it and wings painted on during WWII is stupid and don't expect anything earthshattering or ground breaking. The way Cap is brought back is a bit stupid and

The fact he wasn't really dead was a cop out

. Its a good enough story, but not even anywhere near my top 10 favorite Captain America stories.

If you want to read some really good Captain America stories, go pick up the War And Rememberance trade paperback, which reprints the way too short Roger Stern and John Byrne run from the 80's. Cap #s 253-255 are definite must reads - #s 253-254 is still to this day my favorite Captain America two-parter, period - and are the last 3 of their run.

And Stoker, I actually like Bucky as Cap (And Steve is my favorite Marvel hero, so I do miss him being Cap), but I can see your point. Honestly, my biggest gripe is the costume. I have no problem with the costume being different from Steve's (in fact, I'd have more of a problem if he wore an exact copy), but I

m not too fond of the design. I don't like it being shiny, and the chest design makes him look more like `Captain Puerto Rico'. Also wish he had red boots and red white and blue striping down the side of each leg (like on pro football uniforms), because the lower half being completely black is lame.

Edited by GhostMachine

Your complaint is the design of Bucky's Cap costume? Really? >_>

I like it. As a Captain-America-with-a-twist-of-Winter-Soldier design, it's quite clever with all the additional stars, slightly subdued Americana etc. Perhaps I simply haven't got quite the attachment to the traditional design that others might.

Speaking of which, Winter Soldier. I've only read post-Disassembled Cap trades, and that's probably the best one of those.

Ultimate X-Men is a nice thing as well. All three featured prominently in the first few years as well. Sure, the book is cancelled now, but it's not a bad book and I think its all available in like 12 trades or like 6 or so hardcovers.

And how in the blue hell is anyone not familiar with The X-Men????

Ah yes the Ultimate series. I'll check those out.

And I'm not familiar with the X-men in the sense that I've never read a whole lot of their comics. I'm not really an X-Men comic fan.

After reading Marvel Zombies in the past and now reading Civil War I can say the people at Marvel know how to make comics slightly disturbing to look at....

This comic book reading is monopolizing my reading time, I checked out three books from the library the day before I stated reading Civil War and I haven't touched them at all hardly.

Marvel Comics' Fantastic Four to become three

Comic superheroes the Fantastic Four are to become three with one character to be killed in the January edition, Marvel has announced.

But the publishers will not reveal whether it will be Mr Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch or The Thing who will die in issue 587.

All four were left in life-threatening situations in the latest edition.

The Fantastic Four - made into a 2005 film starring Ioan Gruffudd and Jessica Alba - first appeared in 1961.

Executive editor Tom Brevoort said cliffhanger endings in the December issue helped to "heighten the suspense while preserving the surprise as to which member doesn't make it out alive"

In a previous storyline, Reed Richards - known as Mr Fantastic - was thought dead but instead was temporarily snatched away to another dimension.

But Mr Brevoort insisted that the death in next month's issue would be the real thing.

"It's a story that will have a transformative effect on these characters - virtually nothing will be the same after the events of this story," he said.

"And that was the reason to go this route - to bring about these seismic changes to the characters and to the series."

Film sequel Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer appeared in 2007.

Marvel Comics' Fantastic Four to become three

Comic superheroes the Fantastic Four are to become three with one character to be killed in the January edition, Marvel has announced.

But the publishers will not reveal whether it will be Mr Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch or The Thing who will die in issue 587.

All four were left in life-threatening situations in the latest edition.

The Fantastic Four - made into a 2005 film starring Ioan Gruffudd and Jessica Alba - first appeared in 1961.

Executive editor Tom Brevoort said cliffhanger endings in the December issue helped to "heighten the suspense while preserving the surprise as to which member doesn't make it out alive"

In a previous storyline, Reed Richards - known as Mr Fantastic - was thought dead but instead was temporarily snatched away to another dimension.

But Mr Brevoort insisted that the death in next month's issue would be the real thing.

"It's a story that will have a transformative effect on these characters - virtually nothing will be the same after the events of this story," he said.

"And that was the reason to go this route - to bring about these seismic changes to the characters and to the series."

Film sequel Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer appeared in 2007.

And in march the book gets a new Number One and a new title...The FF.

I know FF fans have probably already suppressed this, but remember this: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/110818-Millar-FF.html

"All I will say is that the Invisible Woman does die in the next issue of the Fantastic Four."

But of course, he never specified which Invisible Woman! Turns out it was an alternate Invisible Woman from the future that died.

Anyway my money's on Reed.

Fuck that shit.

Marvel is dead. Go read propper Superhero Comics of today and you ill no longer be "fuck that shit!"

I wish I could beat you with a baseball bat.

With your narrow mind i bet that will never get boring. Just like these comics that do the same thing decads over and over again untill to few people care enough to read and they pretend to change something for a few month untill they just start beating the the same old horse again.

They don´t try to create good, creative and new stuff, they try to reactivate the habbit of lost readers. If that, by accidend, happens to be a good story in the end it matters as little as it would if it ends up being just another medicore or bad story because they will just hit reset or ignore alltogether.

Screw FF, go read something new, something good, something not in chains of rules that have been set decads ago, something that changes things and moves on. Go read...

invincible.jpg

Invincible!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

And than be sad that there rarly is something equaly as good and they constantly take extra time to get issues out. :(

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

... all that hype and then you say Invincible? Fuck that. I read Invincible whenever I see a new trade at the library. It's good but aside from the twist with Omni-Man early on nothing mindblowing.

... all that hype and then you say Invincible? Fuck that. I read Invincible whenever I see a new trade at the library. It's good but aside from the twist with Omni-Man early on nothing mindblowing.

It´s brilliantly written for a Superhero comic, how it pays homage/makes fun of the established comics, how it slowly builds upcomming events up and actualy sticks to the changes it makes in relationships and lives.

Feel free to name somthing better. I found Invincible because i like Superhero Comics but got bored of the classics for the reasons i named... asked for it on a Comic board, they toled me Invincible was exactly what i was looking for and boy was it ever. (H)

With Stan Lee you never know if he is Insane and got lucky or is Insane and brilliant. :shifty: I love the early Spider-Man stuff, it´s cheesy but still good... i got the first 8 years or something sitting at home.

Have you guys seen the "Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters And Marvels" DVD??

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane