Games You Wish...

Xero Gravity

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur about Masters Of Orion III. It was incredibly tedious and I just could not get into it. Medieval: Total War is another, but only because after playing Rome: Total War, my standards were far too high. I remember playing the demo for MTW before it came out years ago, and I loved it but never bought it.

Oh, Blitz The League sucked balls.

Guest Koupa Troopa

Blitz is great when you first play it...and then you realize it's the same thing over and over again. That and the hardest difficulty is Juggernaut style hard.

Koudelka, I was told that this was one of the only non-FF RPGs to get for the PSX, it was alright, but kinda wore thin after....like 10 minutes.

You have Koudelka? That shit is worth some coin son. >_>

For me it's Socom III. Single Player is terrible. Multi is king though but I have no router.

Legends of Wrestling: Showdown. LOW2 wasn't that bad, Showdown however was awful.

Most FIFA games.

Red Faction 2. I had an un-natural love for Red Faction, and was so hyped about this. But they changed it so much it was a totally different (and much worse) game than the original, that beyond the name had zero in common and was just generally a bad game, particularly since the first was quite enjoyable.

Smackdown: Just Bring It. After the sheer awesomeness of Smackdown 2, I had hopes for this. But it was crap, and lasted about 5 minutes.

Legends of Wrestling: Showdown. LOW2 wasn't that bad, Showdown however was awful.

Most FIFA games.

Red Faction 2. I had an un-natural love for Red Faction, and was so hyped about this. But they changed it so much it was a totally different (and much worse) game than the original, that beyond the name had zero in common and was just generally a bad game, particularly since the first was quite enjoyable.

Smackdown: Just Bring It. After the sheer awesomeness of Smackdown 2, I had hopes for this. But it was crap, and lasted about 5 minutes.

Is RFII really that bad? I borrowed the first one when it first came out and fell in love with it, so when I found both of them for £3 each in the Pre-Owned section of GAME I jumped at the chance and bought them both. I'm yet to play the second because I'm yet to complete the first. I couldn't imagine it being bad, what with the first one being one of the best PS2 games (in my own opinion of course). I'd even go as far as to rate it higher than Halo in terms of FPS games.

It was maybe the shock of it being totally different. It literally is a Red Faction game by name only. Its a different story, totally un-releated to the first whatsoever (its like an 'elite force kinda thing on Earth). The graphics are different. The guns are different. The controls are a bit different. The character models are different. The way the character moves in different. Multi-player is different. And in all this, I mean different as in a world apart, and most of the changes are for the worst. The two titles share a name, and nothing more. Which is maybe what disappointed me.

But I'm glad someone else had Red Faction love.

Yeah, Legends Of Wrestling could have been better.

Mine was WCW Thunder though...I chose getting that over the MGS in a bundle with a new PS1, and chose Thunder.

It sucked balls.

That reminds me: WCW Mayhem.

It only cost me £2 since it was from the Philippines but it was utter shite. Every character model was pretty much the same size but with different textures.

Oh, I was going to list Mayhem, I just don't think I bought it >_>

Most FIFA games.

Is RFII really that bad? I borrowed the first one when it first came out and fell in love with it, so when I found both of them for £3 each in the Pre-Owned section of GAME I jumped at the chance and bought them both. I'm yet to play the second because I'm yet to complete the first. I couldn't imagine it being bad, what with the first one being one of the best PS2 games (in my own opinion of course). I'd even go as far as to rate it higher than Halo in terms of FPS games.

I actually bought WCW Backstage Assault. I really shouldn't have. The best part was how they used commentary lines from the previous game, despite them not making any sense, as the announcers kept referring to "the ring" which, in the most retarded decision ever, you couldn't wrestle in. In a wrestling game.

And everybody's finisher was from a standing position, regardless of what their finisher actually was. Bret Hart's was a Russian Legsweep.

For the most part, I'm enough of a fanboy that I'll enjoy a licensed game just because it's a licensed game. I adored the ECW games, just because they were ECW games, I couldn't give a toss that they were technically terrible. But Backstage Assault was pushing it slightly.