Shitty Games That You Thought Rocked

Toe

Guest Hurricane

Fighting Force and Jet Moto for PS1.. I was just addicted to those games growing up. Oh, and Pitfall 3D... god I look back and that game was horrible, but I just loved it when I was a youngin.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vigilante 8, WCW Mayhem, and the True Crime games. There was something else, but I forgot - if I can remember I'll come back. I had tons of fun with Vigilante 8, and I loved playing Mayhem just for Filthy Animals era Mysterio. >_>

I loved Masters Of Teras Kasi, despite it being half-full of shite characters, because being able to play as Boba Fett made up for anything wrong with it. Even if all you could do was kick, I'd have loved that game for that.

WCW Backstage Assault - It got panned on the crap games thread, but I really enjoyed it, mind you at that time my wrestling games were WCW Backstage Assault, WCW Mayhem, WWF Attitude (or summat like that, not sure of the name, had the same engine as ECW Anarchy Rulz), and ECW Anarchy Rulez.

When I got Smackdown 2, it went right out the window, but up until then it was enjoyed profusely.

I seem to remember OverBoard for PS1 being hated by most of my friends, but I adored it. I wish I still owned that game.

Edited by nihilist

For the Genesis: Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe. I wish I could explain the joy of this game. I have no clue what the ratings were, but I adored it. Like... full contact handball... with less Latinate diving, silly power ups and a fun challenge.

The fact you even put this in with "shitty games that you thought rocked" makes me despair. It was awesome, and I've never heard bad things said about. Going up against teams like The Renegades and Steel Fury was class, and I actually burnt out my copy.

I absolutely ADORED Libero Grande. I infact still own it, and if I still had my PS2 plugged in I'd still play it. One of the funnest little football games ever. Plus it was a like a little kids dream, you were the only good player on your team and could skin anyone.

As with others, I loved Libero Grande

For the Genesis: Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe.

That was simply the greatest thing ever in the entire world for ages. I loved it. There was a similar PSX game (not Speedball 2000, that was shit. There was another one. Rollerball or something) that was equally awesome.

I remember the game you mean, but can't remember the name. You could do moves like running up your opponent and moonsaulting onto them, and various other nasty things (getting a bazooka out was another one). Good game.

Ultimate Soccer Manager (always quite rightly got overlooked by Championship Manager and Premier Manager)

You could visibly improve the ground, place food stalls, magazine stalls, give bungs to other managers...Genius!

I had USM2, excellent game. The fact that you chose how much money you started with (so you could give a conference side £10 million), bung teams and bet on games was awesome.

DEAD BALL ZONE!

Ahem, sorry, just had to post that before I forgot again.

That's the name of the PSX game that's like Speedball that I loved so much. Playing it with my roomie at uni was awesome.

Dead%20ball%20zone.jpg

638676.jpg

:wub:

:wub::wub::wub:

Man, I loved that game, especially after being a huge Speedball fan. I need to go and find it again for a session.

DEAD BALL ZONE!

Ahem, sorry, just had to post that before I forgot again.

That's the name of the PSX game that's like Speedball that I loved so much. Playing it with my roomie at uni was awesome.

Dead%20ball%20zone.jpg

638676.jpg

:wub:

:wub::wub::wub:

Man, I loved that game, especially after being a huge Speedball fan. I need to go and find it again for a session.

Enter the Matrix was a really fun game to play, I prefer it over the new Path of Neo. All the magazines said it was poor, but I enjoyed the game a lot.

South Park Rally. I doubt anybody ever played this game. Oh man, I just fucking loved everything about it. It had loads of South Park characters in it and some fun modes and maps. I played this game a lot when I was young.

Dead Ball Zone was cool for the bit I played, but after like...three matches I had three people left in my squad that weren't dead/injured.

The Unholy War was really cool too. Oh, and Jumping Flash. Apparently they were gonna bring one on to the PSP, but that was like...2 years ago. :crying: