Shitty Games That You Thought Rocked

Toe

Have you ever seen or heard about a really bad game, and then played it yourself and loved it? Or bought a new release before it was reviewed, loved it, and then saw everyone else shit on it?

My shit game that I loved was Shellshock 67' for the PS2. A Vietnam Third Person Shooter, Shellshock was just incredibly fun for me to play. I loved the setting, thought the graphics were decent and just had a lot of fun with it. Of course, when I went to see what IGN thought, they gave it a 5.8 out of 10.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rollcage. People hated it, but I loved it.

Was that the racing game from Psygnosis where you could still move if you got flipped? That was awesome, I spent so long on the demo trying to beat the lap time to get into the Official Ps1 magazine competition.

What was the game called? EG3 racing? With the futuristic motorbikes - like Wipeout...That was a fantastic game.

Most reviewers seemed to give it an average of 6/10 but it was much better than that.

I'm much less likely to take a chance on a game now they cost so much.

I remember days when a game came on cassette and would cost £2.99.

Brilliant.

What was the game called? EG3 racing? With the futuristic motorbikes - like Wipeout...That was a fantastic game.

Most reviewers seemed to give it an average of 6/10 but it was much better than that.

Brilliant.

One of the Army Men series had an alluring multiplayer which me and my mate spent many a time on...:lmao:

The original Army Men strategy game, I loved. Everything else in the franchise was shite.

I seem to remember OverBoard for PS1 being hated by most of my friends, but I adored it. I wish I still owned that game.

Brilliant.

I think I know what game you're talking about and I agree.

There was an RC Helicopter game that I used to have for the Playstation, I've forgotten it's name but it was a blast to play. I spent hours trying to master the controls and when I finally did I kicked all kinds of ass. I lent it out to my friends and they all called it 'bollocks'. I still love it though.

Brilliant.

I got EG3 with my Ps2.

It was pretty good.

The original Army Men strategy game, I loved. Everything else in the franchise was shite.

I seem to remember OverBoard for PS1 being hated by most of my friends, but I adored it. I wish I still owned that game.

OverBoard was INCREDIBLE!

With the pirate ship bobbing in the water - top down, firing off your cannons to jaunty piratey music.

Gaming perfection :wub:

Overboard for PSX fucking owned.

As did the similarly PSX Agent Armstrong.

I loved FFX-2. I don't care if everybody hated it, I fucking love it.

The James Bond PS2 games, Agent Under Fire and Goldeneye, never really did much. I loved 'em. Shoot 'em ups, with added JAMES BOND COOLNESS~!

And, the massively underrated Star Ocean series, especially 2. Largely got ignored, but it's absolutely freakin' amazing. It's one of my favourite RPGs ever, actually, beating some Final Fantasies.

*awaits fanboy retribution*