Shitty Games That You Thought Rocked

Toe

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overboard for PSX fucking owned.

As did the similarly PSX Agent Armstrong.

I loved FFX-2. I don't care if everybody hated it, I fucking love it.

The James Bond PS2 games, Agent Under Fire and Goldeneye, never really did much. I loved 'em. Shoot 'em ups, with added JAMES BOND COOLNESS~!

And, the massively underrated Star Ocean series, especially 2. Largely got ignored, but it's absolutely freakin' amazing. It's one of my favourite RPGs ever, actually, beating some Final Fantasies.

*awaits fanboy retribution*

Showdown: Legends of Wrestling. I was reminded of this game after seeing the strong hatred for in the "Regretted Purchases" thread. I honestly thought this game was a fucking lot of fun, despite the horrific glitches. Honestly though, the glitches didn't kill my enjoyment, especially with such a wonderful cast of characters to chose from. I thought the controls were quite simple, the graphics pretty good, and in general it was a fun gaming experience for me. I think you have an absolutely great game if you can tweak the glitches and expand the career mode.

Fighting Force 1 seemed to get a lot of negative reviews from people I've known. This was another one that I had a lot of fun playing. It reminded me of Streets of Rage brought to the Playstation (though nothing can match the excellence of Streets of Rage). I wish I knew of more games like this on next generation consoles other than say The Warriors.

Showdown: Legends of Wrestling. I was reminded of this game after seeing the strong hatred for in the "Regretted Purchases" thread. I honestly thought this game was a fucking lot of fun, despite the horrific glitches. Honestly though, the glitches didn't kill my enjoyment, especially with such a wonderful cast of characters to chose from. I thought the controls were quite simple, the graphics pretty good, and in general it was a fun gaming experience for me. I think you have an absolutely great game if you can tweak the glitches and expand the career mode.

Fighting Force 1 seemed to get a lot of negative reviews from people I've known. This was another one that I had a lot of fun playing. It reminded me of Streets of Rage brought to the Playstation (though nothing can match the excellence of Streets of Rage). I wish I knew of more games like this on next generation consoles other than say The Warriors.

Damn...fighting force was immense.

I absolutely ADORED Libero Grande. I infact still own it, and if I still had my PS2 plugged in I'd still play it. One of the funnest little football games ever. Plus it was a like a little kids dream, you were the only good player on your team and could skin anyone.

Revolution X - Every website and magazine I've read ranks it as one of the worst all time games. Thing is, I love it. I don't give a shit either if Seanbaby says it's one of the worst games of all time.

Plus I love the loop of the begining of "Eat The Rich". (Y)

Edited by The Dork Knight

I just remembered another game that I loved that has recieved horrible reviews. The game I'm referring to is Pit Fighter, an old arcade game converted to Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo.

The reviews I've seen for it have been "Worst fighting game ever" "This game sucks" "Graphics and Controls suck ass". But honestly, this is my favorite fighting game ever, I fucking loved the concept of brawling in underground parking lots and bars. The control scheme was also easy, A punches, B kicks, C jumps. A and B together picks the guy up and you can carry him around a throw him. B and C together was an effective drop kick, and all three buttons did your characters special move.

And honestly, the graphics were solid for their era. They were obviously going for a more realistic look, which isn't exactly the easiest thing to pull off on a Sega Genesis system, but the game still looked fairly decent. The added crowd that could be attacked on certain occasions was an extra treat.

Maybe some people are just bitter because they sucked at this very challenging game.

Damn...fighting force was immense.

I absolutely ADORED Libero Grande. I infact still own it, and if I still had my PS2 plugged in I'd still play it. One of the funnest little football games ever. Plus it was a like a little kids dream, you were the only good player on your team and could skin anyone.

And you could force the other players on your team to pass the ball to you!

That WAS a fantastic game and training volleys was great too!

I had to play midfield though as when I played upfront I STILL ran all the way back to defend - couldn't trust my computer teammates!

Guest Koupa Troopa

Gun. Lots of people shat on it, but I thought it was the best Western game I've played in years. Leagues better than that piece of crap Red Dead Revolver.

Star Trek: Hidden Evil - Pretty much every review I read slated it, and I don't know anyone other than myself who has the game. Not an amazing game by any stretch of the imagination, but it was good fun.

And add me to the Revenge of the Sith liking. Another good fun game. Why is it that unless games like this involves 1000 puzzles that take hours to complete, the game is voted/rated as shit?