The Wanted List

The Kraig

I went to Play.com, andI suddenly realised I've spent all summer with very little to do, and then all of these awesome games are coming out soon, which I want to pre-order:

Civilization 4: The Warlords (PC). Celts > you.

Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy (360). Shut up, it's great.

F.E.A.R. (360). First Encounter Assault Recon, looks like the best shooter since Doom 3. And it was very popular on PC when it came out.

Dead Rising Special Edition (360). I haven't wanted a game so much since Halo 2. <_<

WWE SmackDown vs RAW 2007 (360). I need a wrestling game dammut. The last one feels SO OLD now.

Gears Of War (360). Looking very sexy so far. Looks like a dirty, gritty TPS.

Football Manager 2007 (PC). Uh...duh?

Mass Effect (360). BioWare RPG goodness, makers of KOTOR don't you know. Explore entire galaxy at your own will. :wub:

Resident Evil 5 (360). I never even knew this was being made. Better be better than RE4. And combined with a 360, it dare not go wrong.

Grand Theft Auto IV (360). Mmmmmm...cheat codes.

Halo 3 (360). *grabs crotch*

Of course, I then realised that if I did pre-order all of those I'd be in serious debt.

So, what's your list?

And why can't games companies release good games AT THE START of the summer? <_<

Edited by The Kraig

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the EA Sports titles, as I always do.

Madden NFL 07 The Madden series is probably my favourite of all time and the new game with the new running back and player selection features as well as modifications to the superstar mode looks fantastic.

WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007 I'm looking forward to fighting in the crowd and performing a Swanton Bomb from the balcony through someone on a table :pervert:

Those are the two main games I'll be getting. I'll probably also get NHL 07, NBA Live 07, FIFA 07 and possibly FM2007.

Yeah, I don't branch out enough >_>

Edited by alldawson

Dead Rising (360): One of the reasons I got a 360, it looks brilliant.

FM 2007 (PC): I'll have to finish my Cambridge City game, but some of the new features they've announced should make up for that.

SDvsRAW 2007 (360): Finally, after the shitfests that were RAW and RAW 2, a decent game for the X-Box.

Pro Evo 6 (360): Best console football series ever, hands down.

Call of Duty 3 (360): Shame it's not coming out for the PC, but 2 is one of my favourite games ever. The only slight letdown was multiplayer, but it looks like they're going all to fix that this time around.

Splinter Cell 4; Double Agent (360): I wasn't a massive fan of the other SC games, but some or the previews I've seen for this look great.

Assassin's Creed (PS3): This is the one game that I'd actually consider buying a PS3 for, but there's still been mixed messages about whether it's actually PS3 exclusive.

I think this is my most wanted list. There's probably more but I can't think of it right now.

Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy - The first was a lot of fun.

F.E.A.R. - Looks fancy.

WWE SmackDown vs RAW 2007 - Like Kraig I need a wrestling game and I missed out on the last one.

Football Manager 2007 - *drools* MORE!

Grand Theft Auto IV - If you don't like GTA games then you can GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET OUUUUUUUUT!

Halo 3 - Only because a friend got me hooked on Halo 2 and it's the only thing I play on Xbox Live.

Saint's Row - Played the demo and it was fun, it should tie me down until GTA4 comes out.

Ninety Nine Nights - As above but seems a little Dynasty Warrior-ish but this game seems promising although the demo AI for troops is fucking retarded.

Pro Evo 6 - I LARVE IT!

Call of Duty 3 - Because 2 was just plain fun to play.

MGS4 - This is probably my most anticipated game and it makes me salivate at the thought of it. :pervert:

Spore

It will consume my life.

Agreed. If Willy pulls off all he claims he will, you people will never see me again.

Also on the 'want' list:

1. Madden NFL 2007 -- I was fortunate enough to get my hands on it briefly...Superstar Mode is absolutely crazy this time around. I've never had so much fun being an offensive lineman.

2. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade -- Paladins in Horde!? Yes, please. Will need to upgrade the computer first, however. If I can get my finances in order, though, I'll order an Alienware so fast heads will spin.

3. City of Heroes & City of Villains -- I really can't understand why, but I want to give these games another whirl. When I last played it, level 30 onward was as tedious as it got (un-solo'able, and I have no friends!) Yet, I want to give it another try.

4. Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning -- If they are able to give this all of the lore and innovation that the tabletop game has, as well as the fun and slaughter that Dawn of War has, you may very well be looking at WoW's greatest competition.

Games I don't necessarily want, but would love to try:

5. Auto Assault

6. RF Online

7. EVE Online (yes I know there's a download, but I'm lazy, damn you!)

Edited by The Midget

I'm dying to get my hands on Smackdown vs. RAW 2007. You know, now that they're using years in the title, why not just call the damn game WWE 07? Would be less of a pain in the ass to type. Anyway, the game looks beautiful on the 360 and the new control scheme is intriguing. Also, the thought of playing this on a good online set-up like XBox Live has me counting the days. Better be able to rip custom soundtracks in for theme music though or I'll be fucking pissed.

4. Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning -- If they are able to give this all of the lore and innovation that the tabletop game has, as well as the fun and slaughter that Dawn of War has, you may very well be looking at WoW's greatest competition.

Edited by TheReilDeal

I so, so desperately want to be proven wrong about that game... but I can't help thinking it's going to be a disaster.

Maybe it's because they kept the same title as the old incarnation. It's cursed, I tell thee. And they can't even decide if it's set before or after the Storm of Chaos, which is a pretty fucking major thing to not be able to decide...

But I'll buy it anyway.

Agreed, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to buy a game where you can wear decapitated dwarf heads as trophies.

Playstation 3.

:shifty:

You wouldn't be completely out of the loop, m'friend. I'd love to give one a spin, but no way I'm spending an entire paycheck on one system.

Guest Takayamanofear

Wow Midget you make 600 in one paycheck. All of a sudden I feel very poor ( I am a college kid though.)

Any way Madden, TEW, GTA 4 EHM 07, FM 07 and Final Fantasy XII

So many that I am looking foward to:

Call of Duty 3.

Brothers in Arms 3.

Smackdown vs. RAW 2007 - I share Zero's point about ripping your own soundtracks.

Dead Rising.

Saint's Row.

FM '07.

Lego Star Wars.

Pro Evo 6.

Gears of War.

Just Cause.

Forza 2.

All for 360, that is a lot of money.

Also, apprently a Lost game is coming out next year, could be cool.