Comic to film releases in the next few years...

DFF

I didn't realise how many there were in the pipeline until I looked around and found these:

The Incredible Hulk (2008) (aka Hulk 2)

Iron Man (2008)

Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer (2007)

Hellboy 2: The golden Army (2007)

Sin City 2 (2007)

Sin City 3 (2008)

source: IMDB

I knew about the Sin City films, and heard rumours of the Hulk one but an Iron Man film!? Immense!

Edited by Preacher Britain

Don't forget Wolverine, Magneto, Ghost Rider and, of course, Spider-Man 3 and The Dark Knight. Technically, 300 should be in there, too.

I believe they're also working on Atom, Doctor Strange, Watchmen, Black Panther, Captain America and Wonder Women, among many others.

Edited by Mysterio2000X

In short... Marvel are in the money. lol.

Wolverine film could be good, and the Magneto one looks interesting.

Guest muddatrucker

I had hoped that the 'comic book' phase of hollywood had gone and died, I mean I can understand a couple every now and then, but outside of the big names (batman, superman, Xmen) it just reaks of unoriginality.

Captain America could be awesome, but I think only if they give it a really gritty and dark feel. If they set it during WWII it would be nice, but I think it's fair to say they won't.

I can't wait for the Watchmen movie. Hopefully Snyder doesn't fuck it up, but he seems to have done some good work on 300 so far so it seems to be in good hands.

I wish somebody would attempt a Preacher movie. It'd be awesome if they somehow got Clint Eastwood to do it and he played The Saint Of Killers too. Doubt it'd happen though.

Zak Penn ("X3") has been hired to write a screenplay for a film based on "The Avengers" comic series.

"The Avengers" comprised of many characters from the Marvel Universe and has a long history of decades of storylines. Some of the members who joined the team include The Hulk, Black Panther, Captain America, Iron Man, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Quicksilver, Thor, Nick Fury, and Ant Man.

It remains to be seen how this movie will be done considering many of the characters are owned by different studios.

Credit: AintItCool.com

Read these two posts I made last month for more detailed info:

/forum/index.php?showtopic=41336">http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index....showtopic=41336 - Marvel movies

/forum/index.php?showtopic=41077">http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index....showtopic=41077 - Sin City 2 (And a bit of info about Sin City 3)

And this post I made early this morning\late last night, about the Fantastic Four sequel:

/forum/index.php?showtopic=43295">http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index....showtopic=43295

Edited by GhostMachine

Zak Penn ("X3") has been hired to write a screenplay for a film based on "The Avengers" comic series.

"The Avengers" comprised of many characters from the Marvel Universe and has a long history of decades of storylines. Some of the members who joined the team include The Hulk, Black Panther, Captain America, Iron Man, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Quicksilver, Thor, Nick Fury, and Ant Man.

It remains to be seen how this movie will be done considering many of the characters are owned by different studios.

Credit: AintItCool.com

Fuck yes. Captain America? Nick Fury? Awesome

It's been shown with X3 that it's very very difficult to make a good film with a large amount of main characters. Personally the only way I can see an Avengers live-action thing is for it to be a TV series. I can only see it being a big mess if they try and make a proper team, which they'd need to make a proper Avengers film.

So all in all, an Avengers film screams "not gonna work" to me.