Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Friedel is a better goalkeeper than Howard is, and I doubt Howard will ever reach the peak Friedel will.

Brad essentially keeps his team in games really, without him they'd probably be much worse than what they really are.

Not anymore. Friedels decline has been this season. He can't reach as many shots as before, so he covers less of the goal. Trust me, Howard is better.

Yeah, trust an Everton fan's opinion :rolleyes:

Europes top scorer or the champions league top scorer? Because if it was the latter fair enough, if it was just for goals scored in a league again it means nothing because each league is different, I mean hell the spanish leagues used to have hockey scores every match!

England midfielder Owen Hargreaves is set to complete a move to Manchester United after Bayern Munich agreed a deal, according to reports in Germany.

Hargreaves's move to the Premiership champions has been agreed according to the website of German magazine Spiegel.

The deal, believed to be worth £17million, would go through once Hargreaves signs a four-year contract.

Bayern president Franz Beckenbauer has previously admitted that the player could be sold if the price was right.

The Bundesliga giants have so far refused to grant the 26-year-old's wish to leave for Old Trafford.

And Hargreaves refused to comment on the report following the conclusion of the German Bundesliga season.

He missed Bayern's 5-2 win over Energie Cottbus because of a knee injury which means he could have already played his last game for the club after 10 years.

He has played a total of 145 league games won the Champions League with the Bavarian side in 2001.

Beckenbauer, speaking recently on German television, said: "If it is right there is an offer of 25-30m euros (£17-20m), then I would seriously consider it.

"I think the board also think this way to satisfy the needs of the player."

Hargreaves has been a long-standing United target and the player has expressed a desire to play in England.

Hargreaves is being brought in to strengthen the midfield as all too often this season, against the top sides, we've missed the luxury of a real defensive-lying midfielder.

Sadly, I think if anyone's to miss out next season - it'll be Giggs. Either that or Fergie will rotate.

-------------VDS/Foster------------

Neville---Ferdinand---Vidic---Evra

--------------------------------------

-------------Hargreaves------------

------Carrick-------Scholes/Giggs-

---------------------------------------

Ronaldo---------------------Rooney

-------------New Striker?-----------

(Y)

So you reckon he'll drop his most consistent player who can cross better than anyone on the team and is one of the top passers of the ball, not to mention he can score a shitload of goals. I'd ignore the new striker part and United's side will look like this.

-------------Van Der Sar-----------

--------Carrick------Hargreaves---

---------------Scholes---------------

Ronaldo-----------------------Giggs

---------------Rooney---------------

Or something like that any way. Not sure whether it'll work though, as it'll leave the midfield rather weak.

Either that or we'll see...

-----------------Van Der Sar--------------

Neville-----Ferdinand-----Vidic-----Evra

---------------------------------------------

-Ronaldo-Scholes-Carrick-Hargreaves-

-------------------------Giggs-------------

---------------Rooney---------------------

Not entirely sure which of Scholes/Carrick/Hargreaves will play left side, I imagine Carrick, seeing as they've paid so much money for Hargreaves as a central midfielder, but you never know.

Hargreaves is being brought in to strengthen the midfield as all too often this season, against the top sides, we've missed the luxury of a real defensive-lying midfielder.

Sadly, I think if anyone's to miss out next season - it'll be Giggs. Either that or Fergie will rotate.

-------------VDS/Foster------------

-------------Hargreaves------------

------Carrick-------Scholes/Giggs-

---------------------------------------

Ronaldo---------------------Rooney

-------------New Striker?-----------

(Y)

So you reckon he'll drop his most consistent player who can cross better than anyone on the team and is one of the top passers of the ball, not to mention he can score a shitload of goals. I'd ignore the new striker part and United's side will look like this.

-------------Van Der Sar-----------

--------Carrick------Hargreaves---

---------------Scholes---------------

Ronaldo-----------------------Giggs

---------------Rooney---------------