2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

Perrault was injured; no team wanted to take the risk on him coming in and being a step behind with the cap in place.

Vancouver played like shit against Colorado, just a dismal game. That said, I couldn't watch it because the feed was so fucking awful. I dunno what's wrong with Colorado, it seems like every time the Canucks come to town someone cuts the cable and we lose audio/video for huge lengths of time. It's a real piss off.

Also, Colorado are massive fags for playing an 0-3-2 NZT. THAT SHIT IS LAME.

Edited by SeanDMan

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of the Coyotes, apparently Gretzky has a beef with Ladislav Nagy:

Gretzky scratches Nagy for 'inexcusable' error

He's still had 9 points in his last 9 games (no goals though). He got benched in the previous game. Asked why he pulled him, Gretzky said, "I think it's pretty obvious . . . I didn't think I was gonna miss his three goals this year in the third period."

Montreal, plays the best team in the league one night. Wins in a fantastic game. Plays one of the worst teams in the league the next night and blows it 4-2. Not suprisingly Abby was in nets. I can't get it with this guy, he'll play 2 or 3 stunning games, make a bajillion saves and then lets 4 or 5 soft goals in for a couple games.

East looks pretty close, so it's hard to say who will make it to the playoffs yet. But I also think West has the better teams this year. In the East, only Buffalo (and maybe New Jersey) can match the top Western teams like Detroit, Nashville, Anaheim, Minnesota, San Jose and Dallas. From the games I've seen, West looks a lot stronger so far.

Dale Tallon shows Trent Yawney the door.

www.chicagoblackhawks.com

Yawney Out, Savard In As Head Coach

Adam Kempenaar

November 27, 2006

After winning just three of their last 15 games, the Blackhawks have replaced head coach Trent Yawney with assistant Denis Savard.

Yawney was in his second season as the Blackhawks' bench boss, posting a record of 33-55-15.

"The bottom line is wins and losses and we needed to win more," said general manager Dale Tallon. "We've had some injuries, but in spite of that we're a better team than our record shows."

Tallon wants his club to play a more up-tempo style and believes Savard can move the Blackhawks in a new direction.

Savard, a Hall of Fame player who has been a Blackhawk assistant since 1997, is excited about the opportunity despite the unfortunate circumstances.

"I've always wanted to be a head coach," Savard said. "The circumstances are not the greatest because when you take over for somebody mid-season it means things did not go as well as we all expected.

"We're not happy over the last few years as far as our win-loss record is concerned," Savard added. "The players have to share that responsbibility. But we're looking to move forward and go in a new direction.

Tallon expects a second assistant coach to be added at a later date.

Don't know what to think about it just yet. I was thinking Yawney was close to getting fired after clashing with Tallon about Arkhipov's and Salmo's ice time. He didn't really do a bad job - you have to remember core players being hurt and all. But he also didn't inspire the team to give it all every night and they just lost too much. I love Savard, but I'm also not too happy having him as the head coach again.

He likes collecting a paycheck for doing nothing?

He may not be allowed to coach for another team until his contract with the Maple Leafs is up. I think he has one year left, and I would not be surprised if he was content to just get his money for nothing.

Guest Grapehead

He likes collecting a paycheck for doing nothing?

He may not be allowed to coach for another team until his contract with the Maple Leafs is up. I think he has one year left, and I would not be surprised if he was content to just get his money for nothing.

If you are fired, you still get paid for the remainder of the contract. If you, however, find another head coach job in the NHL, you won't get the money.

If you resign, you don't get the money either.

TRADE

To Phoenix:

Mikael Tellqvist

To Toronto:

Round 4 Pick

Tyson Nash

Well, as a Coyote fan, meh. I REALLY wanted Martin Biron as I do not see Tellqvist as anything but a backup, at least at this point in time. As a Leaf fan, whoopty-doo, he was a third-string anyway.

I would also say that the fourth round pick is worth more then Tyson Nash.

Ughh. Another loss to Boston, and I'm beginning to think that it is Tim Thomas beating us, not the whole team. Toronto had a ton of great scoring chances, but the only one to go in was a flukey goal off of Antropov's skate.

Big game for Montreal last night. Pulled ahead of T-dot and Huet got another shutout and his 6th consecutive win bringing his GAA to 1.93 and his Save %age to .940. Montreal and Florida played a very good contested game, with Florida getting the better of the chances. That's fucking terrible. They're what 14th? 15th? in the East, Montreal should be putting on a more dominant showing against those cupcake teams. Montreal has great special teams(5th on the Powerplay, 3rd on Penalty Kill) but their 5 on 5 play had got to pick up in a big way.

Heh, NHL.com called Toronto the Mecca of Hockey, and said that they play under the constant scrutiny of the Media. Try the microscope that the players are under in Montreal, so much so that players choose not to play here.

Does anyone else find it strange that the goalie who is currently statistically the best in the league is not on the All-Star Ballot? He had the best save percentage last season, is currently leading in both Save Percentage, GAA and his 9-2-2 record is what, almost .700 hockey if we disregard the ot/so losses. I'm just upset that I can't vote for him, but Raycroft who is 21st in GAA giving up almost 3 goals a game, is again 21st in Save Percentage with .906 which isn't bad but the rest of the league seems to be doing better. He's also playing very good hockey with about a .600 winning percentage.

The NHL says it's because Huet hasn't built up enough credentials to be on the ballot. Now that's just gay.

Guest Grapehead

I don't really like Huet, I don't know why but I just don't like him. However, that's ridiculous, he certainly deserves to be on the all-star ballot. I don't think he should make it, but he should be on the ballot.