2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

Bmo Murray didn't want to be suspended, which Lindy Ruff almost certainly will. He put out his best players in an effort to show that he was going to win the game, and that Ruff was a goon coach. And, now, that's what it looks like with Andrew Peters fist raping Jason Spezza.

Edited by SeanDMan

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah true, I'm sure Peters, Emery will get suspended. Maybe even Brion, the worst I can see happening to Neil is a fine for the hit on Drury. I wouldn't consider the hit to be cheap, because Drury had his head down away from seeing Neil coming after him. Time will tell though.

I don't see why Emery would get suspended (again). He and Biron agreed upon the fight while both at their own nets. Emery was even a good sport and let up on Biron when on the ground. Then for some reason Peters just grabs on to Emery and starts fighting.

I must say though the best part of it all was just Emery smiling during both fights.

Now what do people think about the Neil hit. Ok? Not Ok?

I personally think the hit was clean. It was not with the elbow like Lindy Ruff orignally said, and I feel that if Drury looked at what Neil was trying to do then this probably would have been avoided.

Overall, I feel that it was a good hit, that could have been avoided if Drury was paying attention.

Guest Grapehead

The hit was ok in my opinion, it wasn't late it was I believe exactly .50 seconds after Drury released the puck(if the highlights I was watching were right), plus Drury was not paying attention, he was watching his pass. The Buffalo announcers of course were pretty bias, saying Buffalo should gain a ton of respect now for what they did, and that Neil's hit was late and dirty. None of that matters though cause Emery is a fucking pimp, that was the greatest thing I've watched in awhile, I wish so badly I could've been there front row for that.

Of Course Emery would be smiling. He's wearing kevlar, which also happens to be so damn wide it you've gotta have like a 70 inch reach to touch him. Was entertaining as hell though.

I think the only reason the league *might* suspend Emery again is due in part to the fact that when he decided to be a bitch and try to re-arrange Lapierre's face he also had stated that he wanted to fight him. They *might* do it just to tell him to be a goalie and not a goon. The only two goalies worthy of fighting anyways are Ron Hextall and Patrick Roy.

If Montreal wins against the Islanders and the Blue Jackets somehow beat Atlanta we'll move up another position in the standings as we start the loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg attempt at a trek back to 4th.

Please Felix Potvin made Hextall his bitch and I'm sure Emery would rape both Hextall and Roy in a 2-on-1.

When I saw Biron and Emery about to fight during the highlights the first thing I thought was "this is gonna be a quick one".

Please Felix Potvin made Hextall his bitch and I'm sure Emery would rape both Hextall and Roy in a 2-on-1.

When I saw Biron and Emery about to fight during the highlights the first thing I thought was "this is gonna be a quick one".

Your a racist.

You're a master of the English language.

Your a racist.

The Thrashers have got Tkachuk from the Blues, and it's a big package. The Blues got, in return, Glen Metropolit, a first and a third pick in 2007 and a second in 2008, with a conditional first in 2008 if Tkachuk resigns with Atlanta. Metropolit was hardly a big loss, ad this is quite a disturbing deal for us because Atlanta usually runs close for the eighth spot and that's the one we're just struggling to keep.

Your a racist.

You're a master of the English language.

I'm sorry for my spelling mistake, but I am sure that everyone got that I was joking.

I know you were joking. I just thought that the door was so wide open there I couldn't resist.

Word on the street is that a trade has been reached to trade Gary Roberts, and the league is contacting him to verify that he will waive his no-trade clause.