Football Manager 2007

Dan

Anyone else have problems with sortitoutsi being really, really, slow?

sortitoutsi.net is really annoying me. Every page takes ages to load, and half the time it fails to do so anyway... Grr, I'm just looking for some snazzy match graphics, dammit.

sortitout,sortitoutsi.net! >_>

Yes. :shifty:

Almost come to the end of my first season (after not playing for a week or so). Four games left in the Premiership and I'm only beating Liverpool to the #1 place on goal difference. I hope Bolton won't fuck me over like they did Liverpool. >_<

Edited by stokeriño

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone else have problems with sortitoutsi being really, really, slow?

sortitoutsi.net is really annoying me. Every page takes ages to load, and half the time it fails to do so anyway... Grr, I'm just looking for some snazzy match graphics, dammit.

sortitout,sortitoutsi.net! >_>

Guest 1-2-Ringo!

After winning all I can with Leeds, I moved to PSG. I won the league and the league cup with them and left, because it was way too easy to win the league. I moved to Athletic Bilbao, and I must say, this would please Thomas :shifty:.

Yes, there is nothing like being told "Sorry, Athletic Bilbao can only sign Basque players" every time you try to sign someone. Of course, this is really painful too because FM will not give you a list of Basque players :@:@:@:@. Oddly though, my players are unbelievably loyal and none of them will leave the club. I signed Mikel Arteta and Asier Del Horno and we'll see where I go from here.

Edit: oh, and the youth squad is great too. Still, Bilbao are expected to be relegated.

Edited by 1-2-Ringo!

Made some new signings at the start of the fourth season for Spurs to mark my first foray into the Champions League.

It was a heavily defensive signing pre-season where I've signed:

23 year old Steven Taylor from Newcastle for £525k (D C)

22 year old Billy Jones from Portsmouth for £4.2m (D/DM RLC)

21 year old Scott Golbourne from Crystal Palace for £7m (D/AM L)

Which means I have a heavily English and young defense. As well as these I have Phil Ifil, Phillip Bardsley, Calum Davenport, Michael Dawson, Ledley King, Anthony Gardner, Harry Worley and then Lee Young-Pyo (now 32) and Rodrigo Defendi (no-one wants to buy him!)

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Mixed start tp the league AND the Champions League.

Good draw away in Barcelona 0-0 then beat Saltzburg 5-1 at home before losing to Benfica 3-2 away which has left us second half way with Benfica out front. Though we've got two home games....Beating Saltzburg away and then beating either Barca at home or Benfica at home should see me through....

And Lee Barnard is an attacking genius!

Made some new signings at the start of the fourth season for Spurs to mark my first foray into the Champions League.

It was a heavily defensive signing pre-season where I've signed:

23 year old Steven Taylor from Newcastle for £525k (D C)

22 year old Billy Jones from Portsmouth for £4.2m (D/DM RLC)

21 year old Scott Golbourne from Crystal Palace for £7m (D/AM L)

Which means I have a heavily English and young defense. As well as these I have Phil Ifil, Phillip Bardsley, Calum Davenport, Michael Dawson, Ledley King, Anthony Gardner, Harry Worley and then Lee Young-Pyo (now 32) and Rodrigo Defendi (no-one wants to buy him!)

Great price for Taylor. How's Worely doing? I had him in a game before, and despite the club not being sure on him I rated him highly & he played well enough.

I grabbed Taylor as his contract was expiring so the £525k was paid to them in compensation.

Worley's okay but not great. Arsenal tried to buy him (cheeky beggars) and despite me outperforming them last season (I got Champions League, they got UEFA) he got upset about not being able to move. Lennon did it the season before when I didn't let him go to Chelsea but he's over it now and I'm his favoured personnel.

For Worley though it's kinda hard as Dawson and King are both really performing. When he gets his chance he plays well enough....

Last season he averaged 6.11 and before 6.40 so kinda meh sadly. Great stats though...

Started a game as Brighton tonight, just made it to the half-way point and sitting confortably in the top 6 of the league. There must be around seven points difference from 6th to 7th with groups of teams just clustered together.

Out of the League Cup (unsurprisingly really), I drew Southampton away in the 2nd round and got spanked 4-1 - despite the fact we weren't much worse than them, typical league difference.

The FA Cup is going (or shall I say was going) much better as I beat Altringham 3-2 in the last ten minutes to get to the second round, and then Vauxhall Motors 7-0 to make it to the third. My reward? Typical...a trip to Old Trafford to face Manchester United. Fuckers :pinch:

I've made a few signings here and there, but Brighton are poor as fuck so you don't get much to work with, £50k or so.

I've basically just brought in some cheap Scottish players, but they haven't had much of an effect really. Daquin from Dunfermline down the right has been alright, and I got a decent young player off Motherwell who I've sent out on loan to Stevenage.

Joe Gatting and Robinson are legends at League 1 level, just hope now I can get up into the Championship :D

I love this game damnit.

Oooh just qualified from my European group.

I drew 0-0 (again) with Barca at home before going to Salzburg and annoyingly drawing 2-2 after they scored a last minute equalizer. Fortunately Barca lost to Benfica putting me 1 point ahead in second place.

With Barca sure to beat Salzburg at home (surely enough it was 4-0) I knew I'd need to beat Benfica at home...Which I did, 2-0 with both from the mighty Steven Taylor.

Benfica 13pts 8/5 (+3)

Spurs 9pts 11/6 (+5)

Barca 8pts 8/3 (+5)

Salzburg 2pts 4/17 (-13)

So new uncharted heights for the mighty Spurs!

Oh, and a miserable trip planned for Fenerbahce in the second round... :pinch:

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I grabbed Taylor as his contract was expiring so the £525k was paid to them in compensation.

Worley's okay but not great. Arsenal tried to buy him (cheeky beggars) and despite me outperforming them last season (I got Champions League, they got UEFA) he got upset about not being able to move. Lennon did it the season before when I didn't let him go to Chelsea but he's over it now and I'm his favoured personnel.

For Worley though it's kinda hard as Dawson and King are both really performing. When he gets his chance he plays well enough....

Last season he averaged 6.11 and before 6.40 so kinda meh sadly. Great stats though...

If his stats are anything like mine, technically he's great, but his mental side lets him down.

Meh, didn't need another defender but Raul Bravo just left Real Madrid so I picked him up on a free, paying £7k a week...Gotta be worth it...

Worth it, unless you don't end up playing him.

I always knew Reily was a Speztic. (¬_¬)

I set up my leagues as:

Scotland: All.

England: All.

France: 2.

Germany: 2.

Italy: 2.

Spain: 2.

Holland: 2.

All other playable countries: 1.

Then start unemployed.

My past game has went Shinnik (Russian Premier League) failure to save from relegation, Ards (Northern Ireland Premier League) league winners and awful European showing, AFC Wimbledon (English Conference South) joined mid-season and saved from relegation easily and now dominating the league in my second season. Promotion looks highly likely. My main goal at Wimbledon is to beat MK Dons, even if it means multiple promotions. My ultimate goal is to get the Rangers job and win four titles in one season (SPL, both cups and a European title).

I also got the Canada job during my time at Shinnik, won the Gold Cup and qualified for the World Cup 2010. Looking forward to getting raped at the WC, unless I get an easy group (which is possible, as my ranking has rocketed thanks to me being awesome in the Gold Cup and the WC qualifiers).

It's winter 2009 at this stage in the game. I can't imagine playing the game any other way now. :)

I do like my world tour games, but I've also got a liking for distant future games. I holidayed for 20 years with English, Scottish, Italian, Spanish and French leagues active, and am now in charge of a Birmingham team with low Premiership expectations and quite a few highly promising youngsters. FMs never tend to be that stable in the long-term, but things seem quite reasonable so far. Many clubs seem to have high bank balances, but transfers are pretty consistent with the odd £35M purchase by the big clubs and a reasonable number of other switches. One thing I've noticed is that players are overly-technical, and I think that's a result of the balancing in the patch. Another oddity is that the game seems to have become highly defensive, with the top 12 average ratings in the Premiership possessed by central defenders. PPMs are almost gone, except for, bizarrely, 'Shoots from Distance.' Similarly, almost all players are 'Weak' or 'Very Weak' with their secondary foot. Arsenal won the Premiership 9 years in a row too, running up until the season I've taken over in :(

Just got sacked after three years as manager of Newcastle due to a new consortium taking over and wanting to install Les Ferdinand as manager.

Season One: Not a very good start, qualified for the Euro Cup through the Euro Vase and qualified from the group stages but got knocked out in the last thirty-two. A poor Premiership campaign as well saw us finish ninth. By a stroke of luck we were the highest placed team to apply for the Euro Vase so it was back to that again for the second season. League and FA Cups were atrocious, early exits from both.

Season Two: Offloading Obafemi Martins for £10,000,000 to Milan and the January of season one signing of Dave Nugent for £6,000,000 from Preston finally come good as Nugent and Owen compete for the top goalscorer award and both end the season with 25+. The signing of David Goodwillie in January proves a hit as he hits 15 in 15 games. Euro Cup again a washout, knocked out in last sixteen this time.We run Arsenal and Chelsea to the last day of the season for the title but finish 3rd on 78 points, Chelsea on 80 and Arsenal on 81. First takeover collapses this season but lads still come good to win the League Cup. The Champions League Awaits!

Season Three: Get off to a poor start as more signings cause disruption in the dressing room. One bright spark is the signing of Kim Kállstrom who gets the fans singing my praises. Games are lost or drawn and a tactical rethink is taken. Suddenly we can't lose and start zooming up the table. Finish second in our Champion's League group behind CSKA Moscow and draw Werder Bremen in last 16. Pal Le Guen leaves Rangers at this time to take over at Atletico Madrid and I send along my CV to Ibrox, not making the board or fans happy. A 0-1 loss at home to Bremen puts us seemingly out but we rally and win 2-0 away to go through. Similarly in the quarter finals, a 2-0 loss at home to PSV makes it a difficult job but we travel to Holland and come out 4-1 winners. Semi finals don't go as well, we draw Chelsea. A 0-0 draw at home is good but we lose 3-1 away and the dream is over. It'll be a Chelsea vs. Arsenal final. Second last game of the season and we sit in third, entertaining Arsenal at St. James'. A great start sees us romp home 3-1 winners and we're assured a European spot next season. However with Tottenham a point behind in 4th and Man City 3 behind in 5th we're not safe yet. A poor couple of seasons have seen the Premiership only allocated three Champions League places. Then I'm sacked as the new consortium chooses to select a new manager. The final game sees already relegated Watford take some pride with a 1-0 win against Newcastle but with Tottenham and Man City drawing Champion's League football will be at St. James again. But I won't be there to see it.

:(

Nearing the end of my first season, I've had my contract at Chelsea renewed for another 2 years (still the same pay packet etc.). In it they said that my transfer budget for next season will be a measely (in Chelsea terms) £20m. For those of you who have played through it already, am I likely to get it raised either as a result of prize money from winning the Premiership etc., or perhaps from Roman simply popping up and throwing another random £50m into the club's finances? >_>

I would sell people. Sadly the people who are transfer listed because they want to leave (Wright-Phillips most prominantly) aren't wanted by anyone else. Boo.