Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hah, I just found a defender called Exodus Geohaghan. He reckons he's English too.

I have to sign him. He's shit, but would YOU like to play against a 6'7. 15 stone central defender called Exodus Geohaghan?

Edited by a. #63

Guest President Ringiah Bartlet

My Bilbao game is strange, mainly because the team seems to be signing Basque players without me sanctioning them, but oh well, that's still fun >_>

In any case, I'm in December and I'm 4th, it's just a pity that I can't really build on this for next seasons, because bar signing Xabi Alonso, I've got the best Basque players.

My Bilbao game is strange, mainly because the team seems to be signing Basque players without me sanctioning them, but oh well, that's still fun >_>

In any case, I'm in December and I'm 4th, it's just a pity that I can't really build on this for next seasons, because bar signing Xabi Alonso, I've got the best Basque players.

Of course knowing you Liverpool will end up getting relegated and you'll snap him up for £3m.

Half-way into my first season with Liverpool now. I say half-way, but I'm not technically there yet since I've only played 17 in the league. I've won 15 of those and lost 2, and I'm now eleven points clear at the top, but Man United and Chelsea both have games in hand. I lost to Chelsea and Blackburn (both away), but I've beaten everybody else fairly confidently, and my last game of the first set of matches is Watford, which I'm expecting to win. I haven't conceded in 8 games now, ever since I decided Agger and Carragher were my best combination at the back. Kuyt's been awesome so far, scoring 15 in about 20 (and he's still scoring), and Bellamy is in a slight goal draught right now, but I'm still playing him to see if he recaptures the form that brought me 23 goals in the first 20 or so games he played.

I'm surprised I'm doing so well, because I'm usually shocking at this game, and on my first try as Liverpool I was getting owned pretty badly at the start of season. I've been plagued with injuries, too - pretty much every notable player except Bellamy's been out for anywhere between two weeks and three months.

I can't see myself fairing so well after Christmas, but with an 11 point lead (still 8, even if Man United win) I've got my hopes up at winning the title this year.

Guest President Ringiah Bartlet

Of course knowing you Liverpool will end up getting relegated and you'll snap him up for £3m.

It turns out I don't need backup keepers after all.

After putting out my second string in the FA Trophy (yes, Bath City have a second string!), my sub keeper was man of the match and we won 1-0 ¬_¬.

Second in the league after 15 league games.

Beat Clevedon (rivals!) in the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying round. Then lost to Weston (another local team!1) in the 3rd.

Beat Clevedon (!!!) in the FA Trophy 2nd Qualifying Round (how embarrasing. We're in a qualifying round for a competition only open to non-league clubs :|).

Guess who we have in the FA Trophy Third Qualifying round?

YATE! (For those who don't know where that is: http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?cli...4&down.y=5)

This is NOT a coincidence :P

Edit: Weston are still in the Trophy. If we both win, and I get drawn against them, I'm going to scream.

Edit: BATH VS WESTON! :|

Beat them, and drew Weymouth, which while not exactly local is probably the closest club left in the competition ¬_¬

Edited by Farmer Reil

One of the most satisfying wins of the season was a League game against Liverpool at Anfield I just played.

Baptista scored, but then got sent off for a second yellow card in the 29th minute. Then in the 43rd minute van Persie got sent off for a straight red. With over an hour to go I had ten men and with over 45 mins to go I had 9 men.

I went on to win the game 2-1 (after leading 2-0 when Adebayor scored a 35 yard shot). Beating Liverpool with 9 men at Anfield - awesome.

The last game of the season was fucking insane.

2 points ahead of Liverpool in the League, they were hosting Villa while we travelled to Reading.

Within the first 35 minutes alone, seven goals had been scored.

And two disallowed.

Much as part of me wanted to let the madness continue, at half time I thought "whoooaaa" and made my formation more defensive. We scored once more in the second half to win the game (and the Premiership) with a score of 3-5. But Jesus fucking Christ...