Football Manager 2007

Dan

I believe Cagliari must've been taken over in my game. I've just reached January and I've seen them make around half a dozen transfer offers of around £20/30m and even one offer of £47m for Nani (and in doing so the bastards are scuppering my chances of signing him for my United side).

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

David Dein has just taken over as chairman at Arsenal!!!! He's the guy I wanted to take over, even though originally some other shareholder was rumoured to be looking to takeover....

EDIT: Now the bastard says he won't cough up any investment. :angry:

EDIT EDIT: Woooooooo!!!! Another 9.5million has arrived on top of of my £22 million transfer budget, and I'm about to get another 9.5 million from selling Adebayor..... TIME TO GO SHOPPING!!!!!

Edited by TheArsenal

Does anybody else find that Dani Alves is distinctively average at right back? I signed him for 26.5m (I got the extra funds on like, the last day of the window, so I had no time to barter) and even in games where my entire team gets an 8 or above, he just stays there with his 7. It pisses me off. I wanted the right-sided equivalent of John Arne Riise :(

I've certainly found that he's not astounding, yeah. Geremi plays just as well for me and even Micah Richards (who technically isn't even a WBR but instead a D/DMR) does the job nicely. Actually the main thing that's annoyed me about Alves is that whenever I make any sort of confident media statements at all he goes over all wobbly. Like if I think we should beat some Championship side on a 20 game losing streak, he immediately becomes "nervous about facing them" or "not sure we can beat them" and so on. In those cases I just say fuck him and play Geremi instead.

what is the funniest thing which has happened to you???

Mine was:

Manchester Utd 3-0 Blackburn

At half time.

Manchester Utd 3-2 Blackburn

Around 65-74 Minute Mark Scholes gets himself sent off for hitting a referee.

Manchester Utd 3-3 Blackburn

After 87 minutes and Man U go and lose it after Robbie Savage's goal...

Manchester Utd 3-5 Blackburn

United press and press for another goal but another 2 goals in injury time from Blackburn sink United.

:(:(:( So Annoying. :(:(:(

Does anybody else find that Dani Alves is distinctively average at right back? I signed him for 26.5m (I got the extra funds on like, the last day of the window, so I had no time to barter) and even in games where my entire team gets an 8 or above, he just stays there with his 7. It pisses me off. I wanted the right-sided equivalent of John Arne Riise :(

Finally decided to do another distant-future game and holidayed 20 years into the future. Was interesting to see how things compared to my last game - particularly in terms of the teams in the Premiership. Last time round, there were hardly any surprising teams. This time, Hereford, Bournemouth and Bristol Rovers are all there, along with the slightly less odd ones - Sheffield Wednesday, Millwall and Preston.

John Terry is managing Chelsea, just as he was last time I did this - pretty much as can be expected from RL I think. There are some really bizarre other Premiership managers though - Nigel Pearson at Arsenal, Mike Newell at Man U and Robert Kelly at Newcastle. Not to mention Lampard managing Tottenham :D Loads of other former players around the place in non-playing roles too. I'm managing Blackburn and have Carlos Vela, Phil Neville, Nick Barmby, Stephen Bytwater and Michael Clegg as coaches.

EDIT: Also, Colin Calderwood is managing AC Milan, lol.

In terms of Premiership winners, Chelsea won the title for a couple more years before a Man U dynasty took over and won four titles in a row. Man City earnt a couple of titles, along with Liverpool and West Ham, before Blackburn took over and won another four successive titles. They then faded away heavily and Newcastle and West Ham dominated for 5 years. The Hammers have odds of 2-to-1 to win the title, with Newcastle closest at 12-to-1.

Last time round, I found the centre backs seemed to be dominating the average rating charts, but that's not the case this time which I'm pleased about. I can only guess that it was something to do with the mis-balance of technical stats before the patch. Things seem to be fine on that front this time round. Internationally, there don't seem to be that many really experienced international players any more, with most of the biggest teams having something of a rotation policy. Think this must be something to do with the regen system producing fewer stand-out players, because Vela earnt 172 caps before he retired.

I find games really exciting when you don't know anything about the players and don't have any preconceptions from real life. Not being able to rely on the same players I sign over and over again is good fun too. I play LLM and obscure leagues every now and then, but I still prefer being able to use decent transfer budgets and compete in the Champions League.

Edited by JudgeClassical

Yeah, I do too. When I signed him (for about 20.5m of your pounds) for Tottenham in FM06, he played well but never great. Did get a bit annoying as he is hella talented. And with Riise, I preferred him at left mid (Ziegler at left back who was awesome a couple of years into the game) and he and Ibrahimovic were my best players week in, week out.

With my Spurs game on hold for now I've decided to kick on with a Gillingham game but wished I didn't with a £31k transfer budget.

So it's loans a go-go but no big names sadly. Just enough to block up some areas although the best signing was Chris Cleaver from GIF Sundsvall in Scandenavia. Also got my usual Jonny Dixon from Wycombe but the difference being that in the first division he's actually good so I need to get to the 3rd round FA Cup and get some money so I can buy him before I have to give him up next year.

11 games in and I'm an impressive 7th so not going too bad so far...

Anyone else find some teams are just REALLY inconsistent? In my game, it's Portsmouth.

2006/2007

17th

2007/2008

4th

2008/2009

6th

2009/2010

20th

2010/2011

1st (Championship)

2011/2012

3rd

2012/2013

18th

The funniest thing is, after they finished 4th, they signed some big name players (Luca Toni is the one that sticks out, because he scored loads in their third season). They obviously went there hoping to play in Europe and ended up playing in the Coca-Cola Championship.

Is it only my game or is Dani Alves always depressed.

His mood seems to swing all over the place. During a game its Superb and then in between he goes to Very Poor. Is this normal?

Also, Is there a way to reverse a decision you made to a player playing Internationally? Like you told someone to only play 45 minutes.

Is it only my game or is Dani Alves always depressed.

His mood seems to swing all over the place. During a game its Superb and then in between he goes to Very Poor. Is this normal?

Also, Is there a way to reverse a decision you made to a player playing Internationally? Like you told someone to only play 45 minutes.